Grim Dawn - Build 29 Released

Aubrielle

Noveliste
With the launch of Build 29 today, Grim Dawn is now content complete. If you're itching to try it, now might be a good time to give it a shot.

2012-08-09_burrwitch01_lrg.jpg

Crate Entertainment has achieved a major milestone today, in that their long-in-development action RPG Grim Dawn is officially "content complete" with the release of Build 29. Of course, there will still be quite a bit of polishing, balance tweaks, and bug fixing coming to the game in 2016, but there's been no better time to jump into the game than today as it can finally be played start to finish:

It is with great excitement that we announce today the release of Build 29! With this major update, Grim Dawn has now become Feature and Content Complete! This is a tremendous milestone for the game and we are proud of the work that has gone into bringing it this far. We could not be more thrilled to share it with you.

What Content Complete means to you, the players, is that you now have full access to all of the game’s content, items and difficulty modes. Nothing is blocked off, no quests remain that cannot be completed. There is no cruel Clone of John Bourbon awaiting you at the end of the line to tell you that you must wait for the next update. Starting today, you have the full experience from start to finish.

With Build 29, the finale of the story is now accessible. You can venture into the Necropolis and thwart the vile plans of the Cult of Ch’thon as they seek to resurrect the Herald of Ch'thon and usher in the end times. But that is not where things end. After defeating the final boss, you can restart the game on Elite and, eventually, on Ultimate difficulty, where the greatest challenges await. Also included in this update is our second Roguelike dungeon: the Bastion of Chaos. Only the bravest adventurers should seek out this pit of despair in the deepest reaches of the Void. Finally, with the level cap increased to 85, you have a chance to discover over 500 new Unique items, including Empowered Epics and over 240 pieces of Legendary tier equipment.

Looking to the future, Build 30 will be released in early 2016 and will include balance changes, bug fixes and polish to all aspects of the game as we prepare to take Grim Dawn out of Early Access around February.
We hope that you enjoy the update and wish you a Happy and Safe holiday season!

- Arthur Bruno and the Team at Crate Entertainment

v0.3.6.9 (b29)

[Major New Features]

• The Finale of Grim Dawn is now available! Venture into the Necropolis and thwart the vile plans of the Cult of Ch'thon as they seek to resurrect the Herald of Ch'thon and usher in the end times.
  • With the defeat of the final boss, you can now restart the game on Elite and Ultimate difficulty. Expect grave challenges as you engage Grim Dawn at its most difficult.
  • The Bastion of Chaos, Grim Dawn's second Roguelike Dungeon, is now available for you to explore. Delve into the depths of the Void and face off against some of its most cruel denizens.
  • With the release of all of the game's content, the level cap has been increased to 85. Note that the level ranges on normal have been adjusted to match the release of additional difficulties.
  • Legendary items are now available and will begin dropping above level 50. Over 240 Legendaries are available for you to find.
More information.

More information.

What the heck since it's content complete I will cave in, and play the new Beta.:excited:

After my family X-Mas party of course.:brood:

I feel for you, I really do. Christmas parties for me have always been like:

tumblr_n7nsz9126U1rarngto2_400.gif

Yep its not X-mas till your relatives bring up old grudge's, and mistakes. Sometimes I feel like Clark Griswold from the 1980's National Lampoon's X-mas Vacation movie.

41b825cb3fbe9b761e6a35a688089c93.gif

Ah the joyous holidays indeed.:brood:

There is sort of a resemblance in the personality, now that you mention it...

There is sort of a resemblance in the personality, now that you mention it…
All I need to re-enact the movie is to find my own cousin Eddie.:lol:

cousineddie.jpg

I think I just spit out a bit of my drink

Tempting to buy this now that it's FINALLY done w/ content; although I bet it will still be another year before the official release.

Tempting to buy this now that it's FINALLY done w/ content; although I bet it will still be another year before the official release.

Releases in Feb. Believe it or not is has been cheaper before. Highly recommended for that old D2 feel.

Finally. For years I have been itching to play it, but stopped myself everytime because I don't like playing half games.

and with the term 'content complete' I know now exactly what I'll be playing post Fallout 4.. tried Grim Dawn earlier in its life-cycle and it rocked. I imagine the rock being more polished now.

Since it is on sale during the steam winter sale, I'm getting this now that it's finally done. Most likely won't get around to playing it until it's officially released anyway, and nicely patched up. (too many other games in backlog)

Since it is on sale during the steam winter sale, I'm getting this now that it's finally done. Most likely won't get around to playing it until it's officially released anyway, and nicely patched up. (too many other games in backlog)

Fyi, you probably don't need to wait on a lot of patching. It was rock-solid even 2 years ago. Crate has done a great job of building new content and extending game systems over the last several years, not expanding the basic engine to its breaking point. Yes, they've been super-slow (at least relative to their initial expectations/goals), but this project has been a model for iterative development.

I can't remember last time I bought an early access game. But you've convinced me, it's downloading at this very moment.

pibbur who was going to say that dawn might not be that grim after this, but decided against it, as it would be a very obvious and cheap pun.

Bought it last weekend and damn it if it didn't go on sale :(

I am really enjoying playing as a soldier. Question though, when they release the new builds in early access, do I have to start a new game to take advantage of the new features?

No I still have the same character that i have been playing for months.Other then patches, its pretty much done.
If you just bought it then you already have the shrines and you wont have to backtrack.

Don't hold off on picking this up. Being 50% off and content complete, this should be a must buy for anyone who even sort of likes ARPGs. The team has been extremely responsive to the beta testing community and continues to deliver amazing updates. Out of all current ARPGs, it's hands down my favorite and I think offers the most for those who like to explore workable builds--the development is basically the antithesis of current D3 where they want you playing one of three flavors of the month builds and you are severely punished for trying anything creative.

A poster in the last thread asked about continued development. The first expansion has already been planned and funded, and it's pretty good odds there will be more after that. Crate is also completely open to modding. There is another unannounced project they are starting on, but they are hiring for that and it shouldn't impact the expansion.

I hope the receive the credit (and the sales) this gem should merit once it's released. Crate has been a class act developing and communicating since the Kickstarter finished. Can't wait to play the finished product!

Just remember the minute this is done they start on 'part 2' :)

Wonder if they will do a kickstarter for that project or if they already made enough to fund the 'expansion'. Hopefully the expansion will be more area and less balance (i.e, take less than 3 years)

Back
Top Bottom