Seven - Christmas News

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Farflame spotted some Christmas greetings and news from the devs of Seven - an interesting new project by Witcher devs:

About the game

Seven is a Thief-inspired, 3D isometric RPG,
in which you take on a role of a lone traveller.
You’re going to explore a nonlinear, sandbox world
- Empire of Vetrall.

Classic isometric gameplay is going to be redefined
with parkour climbing system that gives you
the ability of free-traversing obstacles on
any height horizontally and vertically.

Quest line set in a „beyond
post-apocalyptic” environment
is created by minds behind
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
You can expect branching
choices with moral consequences.
More to come soon.
More information.

I don't think I'll buy this.
Had enough of sandbox minutemen quests garbage.

It doesnt mean it will be devoid of story or more interesting quests.

Quest line set in a „beyond
post-apocalyptic” environment
is created by minds behind
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
You can expect branching
choices with moral consequences.

You should have more faith in ex-devs of Witcher, joxer. :)

You should have more faith in ex-devs of Witcher, joxer. :)
My problem is that I see three kinds of games currently at the market.

1. Utter garbage and mediocre titles noone buys
2. Utter garbage and mediocre titles sold thanks to overhype
3. Great games that needed no overhype to sell

There is no "great games with overhype".

But then, if I put that aside, I can also see other two types of games:
1. Games that were loved by their developers and feel like Vivaldi's composition
2. Games that were one or few ideas slapped together like Justin Bieber's smashhit

News on this upcoming game looks to me like setting a ground to hype some slapstick thing. Mix of everything so those interested in parkour will probably buy, those interested in sandbox will probably buy, those interested in… will probably buy.

It feels like Ubi's AC:China idiocy. AC fans will buy it even being phonegame? Phonegame audience will buy it even being AC? Right.
Count me out till I see some actual game insert that could prove the mish mash works.

Seven simply sounds like a new isometric rpg. They gave it the "sandbox" descriptor since it does not have to played linearly, and most likely you can fill your time with side quests and not have to attend to the main story line at all if you wish. Basically, it is a world to explore. You spend your time in it doing what you wish, assigning your own priorities. That is what I get out of that description.

And the parkour mechanics will have to be simplified for an isometric view. It will most likely be point and click like most isometrics, with additional action buttons for whatever parkour mechanics they choose to include to apply at appropriate times or locations. Or they could go the XCom route and point and click with "levels" to represent the different heights, like when scaling buildings, etc.

Depends on how they want to implement it, but remember, this is just stated to include a "parkour climbing system." Not a "parkour game."

None of these things are revolutionary, but they have never all been in one game that I recall. Sort of XCom meets exploration-style RPG. I am not a fan of "sandbox" or "parkour" but this game sounds great to me. Especially when it is backed by such a big time development team.

Back
Top Bottom