Black Desert - 7 Reasons to Be Excited

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Here's seven reasons to be excited about the highly-anticipated Korean MMO, Black Desert Online.

Thank you, Couch, for tonight's news.

Unless you’re a MMO connoisseur like myself, you’ve probably not even heard about the upcoming Black Desert Online MMORPG slated to release hopefully early 2016. So what is Black Desert Online and what makes it stand out against the plethora of competition?​

Black Desert Online is an open world sandbox MMORPG created by Korean developer Pearl Abyss and is finally making it’s way to North American shores after already being in open beta in Korea, Japan, and Russia for awhile now. Overseas it will be F2P (free to play), but here and Europe it is slated for a B2P (buy to play) release instead, both with an in-game cash shop with cosmetic and convenience items.​

Hold on, I can hear the rolling of your eyes already. There are some really interesting design decisions that I think will make Black Desert stand out among the competition. Only time will tell if it’s successful, but here’s a few reasons I’m excited for the upcoming release after a few dozen hours with the first closed beta.​
More information.

More information.

I'll probably login just to see the character creation, but ply it for real?
Nah.

Don't planning to touch any MMO except LoL.

Well it'll probably be worth it for that alone. :)

That combat... oy... looks interesting but I can't imagine playing in the midst of other people all doing those overstylized attacks!

Also, while I'm interested in any Sandbox MMOs, the words "Korean" and "cash shop" are big red flags.

I have been testing blade and soul while my brother plays black desert and there is no comparison, black desert has so much more going for it. Just the ridiculous amount of crafting and management in the game alone.
I CANT wait. This will be the only Mmorpg I will be playing in 2016.

Lost Ark vs. Black Desert

Lost Ark looks like a top-down Guild Wars - plus, it's not sandbox (is it?), so I personally have even less interest than I do in Black Desert.

As already mentioned "Korean" and "cash shop" are enough to keep me away.

As already mentioned "Korean" and "cash shop" are enough to keep me away.

Its a gamble right now. We don't know who is going to handle it and how. I'm cautiously optimistic after playing this game for a while.

I'll be waiting to see what friends think about this one before I plunk down any dough for it. The pride they seem to be taking in marketing the pay to win mentality is somewhat unnerving to me.

I dont have any confidance in this EU/NA Branch of this company.
Daum Games Europe B.V. ?! Never heard of them...

Sounds like some "No Name Student StartUp" with absolutley no experience in the MMORPG Sector.

I see dead Login Servers on first week and a unplayable Game in the first month.

Odd; most of the reasons to be excited sound like reasons to stay away. Seems like every aspect of the game is a grind. To be expected, I guess, as Asian consumers consider grinding legitimate content.

Odd; most of the reasons to be excited sound like reasons to stay away. Seems like every aspect of the game is a grind. To be expected, I guess, as Asian consumers consider grinding legitimate content.

Maybe one day I'll write an article how grinds are a good thing.
Of course many asian groups take that to the extreme on level thats insane.

Back
Top Bottom