Black Desert - Interviews

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Black Desert Online's project manager and marketing manager discuss the upcoming mmo's gameplay, localization, business model, and more.

A big thanks to Couch for today's haul of news.

Black Desert Online is certainly an interesting entry in the MMORPG field, with absolutely beautiful graphics, what can probably be defined as the best character creation features in the industry, and fast-paced action oriented combat.

It will be released this year in North America and Europe for PC with a buy to play business model.

In order to know more we asked a few question to Marketing Manager Rick van Beem and Project Manager Daniel Loehr, who talked about the reasons behind the decision to go buy to play, how the business model will be handled, the challenge behind the western localization, gameplay and much more.

You can check out both interviews below.

More information.

More information.

There is more behind these type of Asian games than just dressing half naked teen princesses.
Maybe there is, but who cares for that other part. :p

Graphics look amazing but how deep is it and will it have later game content? MMO's have been a big disappointment lately.

Maybe there is, but who cares for that other part. :p
Ha ha right! I wonder why they don't make such doll dressing online game: detailed character creator to create your own pretty 14 year old teen with nice boobs, buy skimpy outfits for real money in cash shops and then run fashion shows. Why all that pvp, pve crap, just cut it out - many people would be happy, no?!

Ha ha right! I wonder why they don't make such doll dressing online game

You haven't searched at the right places. Let just says that Steam discovery queue showed me some very weird games after I purchased JRPGs. I also have seen weird stuff coming from Japan by following Japanese anime blog posts.

I believe! Though I guess western people could really fall only for such graphic and animation quality dressing game as Black desert here!

Graphics look amazing but how deep is it and will it have later game content? MMO's have been a big disappointment lately.

Been following black desert for a long time, from what I can tell this game has no end game content what so ever. Still, after trying the Korean beta a while back I won't deny that this game looks absolutely gorgeous.
still, I will try it and see how I can deal with the lack of end game content and just play casually for some pwetty game time experience :blush:

Been following black desert for a long time, from what I can tell this game has no end game content what so ever. Still, after trying the Korean beta a while back I won't deny that this game looks absolutely gorgeous.
still, I will try it and see how I can deal with the lack of end game content and just play casually for some pwetty game time experience :blush:

How was the PvE and the combat, Nyx?

How was the PvE and the combat, Nyx?

I really enjoyed the combat to be honest. It was very easy which is a downside, but it feels very enjoyable how the animations and skills feel. This from a sorceress point of view.

Back
Top Bottom