Shroud of the Avatar - Update #157

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Shroud of the Avatar rings in the new year with a huge update.

Greetings Fellow Avatars!

Here’s what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:

• Happy New Year!
  • Only 4 Days Remaining Until the Winter Reward & Price Expiration Deadline
  • Resolute
  • North Varisalla Foothills
  • The Making of The City of Aerie – Part 2
  • NPC Submissions Requested for Aerie and Resolute!
  • Dev+ Asset Packs Galore in December!
  • Brass Clockwork Raven
  • White Stone Castle Wall
  • Release 24-25 Christmas Decoration Contest Winners!
  • 24 Hours of New Year’s Parties!
  • New Years Day Costume Party In Obsidian Caverns
  • 4B’s Get In Shape Maze
  • In-game Community Events
  • Upcoming Events
  • Recommended projects to back

More information.

2019 is looking to be a great launch year. investors, how do you feel about that?

fake edit: the launch promo includes catapulting lord british into orbit.

I have gone from supporter to not supporting in the last 6 months. I have stated many reasons why and I'm not the only one.

The one thing that shocked me is that they slowed their biweekly ask for cash email. In fact over the holidays based on last year I expected about one every 3 days.

sure it is ! A least until you play it :)

Really?

I have played it....I was a big supporter. Now, not so much.

I think the single player game got lost in the marketing speech to attract money.

It is more Ultima Online then even close to any of the originals. Whales(big spenders) run the forums and moderation as well as any changes to systems in order to protect their investments. If you aren't a big spender you start off with nothing, just some plain clothes where as those that have invested a lot will be armed fully and have an unfair advantage that I don't think can ever be made up in game.

It's too bad though, because you are right there looks like there could have been a game there under it all but politics and moderation muddling has ruined it.

Really?

I have played it….I was a big supporter. Now, not so much.
I haven't played it myself so I'll avoid any commenting on your comment ;) That's what I implied responding to Sir James. If those who played the finished product keep saying it's shit I'll reconsider but I'll give it a try no matter what, just to forge my own opinion on the subject. That won't be the first game some consider being shit that I'll enjoy, no matter what. Icewind dale was bashed by many who now crown it as a legacy from the cRPG golden era…

Icewind dale was bashed by many who now crown it as a legacy from the cRPG golden era…
Icewind Dale was a game, not a never-ending telethon / virtual real estate sale. So that's a plus for it.

Back
Top Bottom