Shroud of the Avatar - Final Wipe in July

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Rune_74 tipped us off to Shroud of the Avatar's goal. They plan to do their final lot selection and final character wipe in July. Launch is still TBA, and they admit that a normal launch may not happen...

Thanks, Rune_74.

Greetings Avatars,

We are incredibly excited to announce that we have scheduled final lot selection and our final wipe, including all social data (names, friends, guilds), for Release 32, July 28, 2016! After Release 32, we will no longer be wiping the game state. Your characters and your properties will be persistent from that date forward!

Please understand that final wipe is not “launch”. We will continue to be working to finish the game's story content well past final wipe, while we remain in Early Access. Until then, the game is neither "launched" nor complete, but as mentioned below, the concept of “launch” may not even be applicable to this development model. Launch will be when we pull the game out of Early Access and we start marketing / public relation campaigns to pull in new customers. We have no plans to do those things in July. We know that this plan will generate a lot of questions and stir up plenty of emotions, but we firmly believe this is the best possible course of action for the project.
More information.

More information.

I lost all interest in this MMO months ago, and I know I'm not the only one.:movingon:

I lost all interest in this MMO months ago, and I know I'm not the only one.:movingon:

Nope. You are not...I still own the basic game...

They are in some form of denial that they can launch (final wipe) the game in july and just keep adding updates to it.

Storyline will not be complete, it will be coming....in the future, apparently fully explorable just not polished.

I shared this because I was like wow I can't believe they are trying to sell this.

Rune for the longest time you defended this game now you are skeptical. What happened?

Maybe they'll just keep doing microtransactions and real estate forever, as some kind of a twisted ponzi scheme thing.

Last edited:
They'd rather move it to EA to keep the purchases incoming. They need a new market as their last wave of cash shop items have been stagnating.

Rune for the longest time you defended this game now you are skeptical. What happened?

Everyone can change their mind. Especially on projects that lie to their customers.

I didn't know of this video :)

Is 'El Kabalyero' a fellow RPGWatch member ?

And Couch, lemme correct you, the post shown in the video is from this thread:

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27995&highlight=biggest+bust (see post #1)

Our friend Kabalyero was too careful blurring RPGwatch logo, the thread's title and all, BUT he forgot to blur the line where we can read: Last edited by Stingray… :)

I didn't know of this video :)

Is 'El Kabalyero' a fellow RPGWatch member ?

And Couch, lemme correct you, the post shown in the video is from this thread:

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27995&highlight=biggest+bust (see post #1)

Our friend Kabalyero was too careful blurring RPGwatch logo, the thread title and all, BUT he forgot to blur the line where we can read: Last edited by Stingray… :)
Thanks henriquejr as I was trying to find the thread but couldn't. :worship:

It was so obvious from the start it would be a MMO lite with no significant single player elements, designed around exploiting the vanity of "whales" endlessly. This is simply Star Citizen on a smaller scale.

It might have been obvious to some of our most esteemed posters, but I believed in a childhood developer that I cherished. If that makes me foolish then I guess that is on me.

That thread I made awhile back gets most of my feelings, this new info made it even worse. There is a lot of defending on that website for the way the game is going and I think at this point the majority there call me a troll.

I have expressed in no uncertain terms what I think of this launch that is not a launch. I think they have to much to do in to little time to do it.

It's funny, I wasn't even going to play this offline...I was going to use the feature that it would be able to play the game online in single player with the ability to move over to other modes when I felt like it, since I don't really like people unless I want to.

Something shifted in development....they started pushing more and more the housing and yet people in the forums said it wasn't that important of a feature. You could still get everything out of the game without ever owning a house....but they spent so much time on that....I brought that up a lot....people didn't see it. The final thing that pushed me was PoT(player owned towns) which in reality are little fiefdoms to high payers. There are very little rules that come with these, they can kick and ban at will....so even if you wanted to build a house there and say you did...they could kick you without notice. I brought that up and wanted them to reexamine that feature and it created a crap storm that got that thread locked and me a week ban. I contacted costomer service and they said they would look into my complaints...one month later and I hadn't heard anything and I contacted them again. Still nothing...multiple more contact attempts. Nothing...so I cashed out.

Now? I still own the game on steam, you had to keep that. I played the latest release today....and you can see that something is there, but it isn't anywhere near where it should be.

I made a thread asking about NPC towns and if people thought they were good enough, the majority didn't. People said they still have to do work on that be patient...I said look at the schedule, see anywhere in there for that?

I guess long story short, I bought into what I thought was something a lot different then what ended up happening.

I respect your choices rune. Wasn't a good run.

From that update, in the list of stuff to be done, in the "Single-Player Offline Features" category...

"Pause / Save: Players will at least be able to pause game play, but we hope to also allow the creation of multiple save games."

:lol:

Everyone can change their mind. Especially on projects that lie to their customers.

I wasn't mocking Rune. I genuinely want to know as I contributed to the SotA KS, I haven't followed anything about the game for a very long time.

Thanks CouchPotato for the link!

"Pause / Save: Players will at least be able to pause game play, but we hope to also allow the creation of multiple save games."
Yeah, I'm blown away by their investment here.

Just wanted to add a comment in this SotA forums thread.
Thank you for your interest in Shroud of the Avatar. Although our public forums can be read by everyone, posting privileges require a minimum $5 Forum Pledge, which can be upgraded to a full game pledge at any time (Steam purchases also include forum posting privileges). Please click here to purchase your $5 Forum Pledge. If you pledged through Kickstarter you will need to link your Kickstarter account for forum posting privileges.
Wow.

It seems the game changed A LOT… for the worse :( (no, I didn't back them)

Money this, money that… whom are they learning from ?

I just got around to watching Couch's video link. That's hilarious that some random crazy-ass guy would make an entire video based on my post. It wasn't even a thread, that was actually a post (and the replies to it) from a Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter news thread which someone split off into a standalone thread due to the discussion being off-topic (which is why my first post in that "thread" looks so random).

Back then I suppose I was slightly exaggerating in calling Shroud of the Avatar a scam, but now I would probably say it's close to accurate… It's now clear that it's going to be absolutely nothing like what it was portrayed as.

Stingray has been immortalized in YouTube!

Back
Top Bottom