Bethesda Softworks - Todd Howard Honored

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Todd Howard was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award at GDC:
He might’ve been at it for 22 years, but Todd Howard is only getting started. The Game Director of Fallout 4, Howard has provided his clear vision on an impressive roster of titles as a creative director, designer and executive producer at Bethesda. With three consecutive “Game of the Year” titles (The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Fallout 3 and The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim), Howard can now add another award to Bethesda Game Studios’ trophy case: the Lifetime Achievement Award.

At the 16th Annual Game Developer’s Choice Awards, Howard will be formally recognized by his peers for his contributions as a pioneer in open-word gameplay. “The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series present gamers with fully realized worlds filled with vast landscapes, and mystery at every corner. We’re proud to honor the visionary developer for his leadership in creating these universes,” said Meggan Scavio, General Manager of all GDC events. “When you’re completely captivated by these detailed worlds, it’s easy to forget the level of dedicated work and creativity that went into every square inch. This award reflects on the amazing craft of Todd Howard and his team in making worlds as real as anything on Earth.”

Along with his innovative work on role-playing franchises like Fallout and The Elder Scrolls, Howard has been a pioneer of open 3D worlds in other genres as well. In 1995 he released The Terminator: Future Shock, the PC’s first 3D shooter with mouselook. Most recently, Fallout 4 has been a smash hit, both critically and commercially, with numerous nominations in multiple 2016 Choice Award categories, including Game of the Year, Best Design and Best Technology. Howard also directed Fallout Shelter, Bethesda Game Studios’ first mobile game, which quickly rose to the number one spot on the iTunes App Store and Google Play store within days of its release. Fallout Shelter also received a Choice Award nomination for Best Handheld/Mobile Game.

The Game Developers Choice Awards takes place on March 16, immediately following the Independent Games Festival (starting at 6:30pm PT). Held at San Francisco’s Moscone Convention Center during the 2016 Game Developers Conference, the ceremony will be open to all GDC attendees. Those not in attendance can watch a livestream of the event via Twitch.tv. For more information about the 16th annual Game Developers Choice Awards, please visit
More information.

What's this? Nothing? Where's all the Howard hate?

You can discuss a lot about details in Elder Scrolls or newer Fallout games, but one thing is pretty clear: This guy gave me thousands of entertaining gaming hours.

You can discuss a lot about details in Elder Scrolls or newer Fallout games, but one thing is pretty clear: This guy gave me thousands of entertaining gaming hours.

I wish I could say the same, the truth is it was several hundred hours of - bugs.
Since such thing is definetly unique lifetime achievement I say the award they're giving him is well deserved.

I wish I could say the same, the truth is it was several hundred hours of - bugs.
Since such thing is definetly unique lifetime achievement I say the award they're giving him is well deserved.

You should get that PC fixed then

Same game?
Bugs?
Mods?

How about you stop buying their games then you have nothing to complain about. There is Zero things wrong with Bethesda games if you know what you are buying. If you think you are buying something thinking you are getting something different then what they have produced in the past then you are the moron not them!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom