Dungeons Of Aledorn - Preparations for Alpha

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In this update for Dungeons of Aledorn two game design videos about the skill system and weaponry testing and balancing.

And then there are loads of screenshots as well.

More information.

I donated to this game via PayPal. Haven't received a single update from them. Thanks for posting this.
And before anyone says I should be checking their web site on my own, I currently have about 50 Kickstarter contributions outstanding. I simply can't visit all those web sites each day to see if anything new has been posted. Luckily, most developers send email keeping all their backers up-to-date.

I donated to this game via PayPal. Haven't received a single update from them. Thanks for posting this.
And before anyone says I should be checking their web site on my own, I currently have about 50 Kickstarter contributions outstanding. I simply can't visit all those web sites each day to see if anything new has been posted. Luckily, most developers send email keeping all their backers up-to-date.

Another curious thing, all messages on their backer forum need to be approved by a moderator before being posted. This is unusual on a regular games forum, but much more so when the people in question are confirmed buyers of your game.

I backed this at the minimum with a wait and see policy about adding on. Since they've basically gone silent, I'm glad I backed low. I haven't been impressed with their community relations, so they get no more cash. They posted here all the time when the wanted our money for the KS.

Last edited:
You make a very good point there, Crpgnut. Well worth the mention and something we should all keep in mind, and remember in case they come sauntering back here.

I backed this at the minimum with a wait and see policy about adding on. Since they've basically gone silent, I'm glad I backed low. I haven't been impressed with their community relations, so they get no more cash. They posted here all the time when the wanted our money for the KS.

It IS the opposite of some high profile kickstarters. Maybe they're just too hard at work. ;)

edit: you can't deny that the updates they do send out are meaty though. I wish other kickstarters made their development process and game mechanics as transparent.

Last edited:
My only gripe really is that they posted here all the time before the KS and now we're not worthy of a couple lines of text every so often. They're not that busy. I'm not sure why people think developers work any harder than any other occupation. I work a lot of hours too. Also, their job has them sitting at a pc when working. How hard is it to open a website and post? You could write once and then copy paste into 15-20 sites in 10 minutes or less.

See, now, this is why I savage salesmen. :biggrin:

But, yeah, it's a bit slack of them, but they haven't done anything that makes me too wary of them yet.

On the contrary, their willingness to lay open the inner workings of the game is great. It should be noted that the first video has subtitles on Youtube (which I missed) ;)

It could be worse they could be trying to sell us a Lot.

I backed this as well, forgot I did though heh.

Yes, So Generic taught me a valuable lesson: only back at the minimum :) Oops, I meant Sui Genesis.....

Yes, So Generic taught me a valuable lesson: only back at the minimum :) Oops, I meant Sui Genesis…..
Amen fellow RPGWatch member it's a lesson earned the hard way. :highfive:

PS: Don't mention Sui Genesis as it will summon the crazy supporters.:biggrin:

1. Kylex
  2. user404
  3. Mowglia
  4. Citizenx
  5. Madoc
As for Dungeons Of Aledorn progress looks good, and it should release next year.

Back
Top Bottom