Balrum - Nearly finished

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Balrum devs: "Everything looking good for a late February release date"

The final days!

Hello there everyone! We hope you are all well.

We have been really busy with Balrum and the game is finally in a good shape. We really needed the extra time. The whole game is finally balanced to our liking and we even could add a few extra features.

At the moment everything is looking good for a late February release.

There were a few major problems that we finally sorted out. The biggest problem was the support of really high refresh rate monitors. Balrum had trouble with 144Hz monitors but thanks to a thorough rewrite of our subsystems Balrum is running smoother than ever. As we were rewriting a lot of things related to the speed of the engine we took the opportunity to make moving around even smoother. You will see the difference!
Thanks Couch!

More information.

Ah, The Little Balrum That Could. Seems like I've been rooting for these two devs for a long time, and I guess I have. But they haven't rushed, seem very interested in their work and seem to have a good handle on things. You never know, but my guess is they turn out a good, solid game.

this one is definitely on my watch list. However I couldn't find any bullet points about features that would make it a must buy. Anyone with beta access care to mention some highlights?

I didn't follow it, but honestly hope this will be one of those small lil gems with soul huge developers are just incompetent to make.

this one is definitely on my watch list. However I couldn't find any bullet points about features that would make it a must buy. Anyone with beta access care to mention some highlights?

BNX1f7Q.jpg

Thanks, but isn't that from the campaign? After their development history I wanted to know how things turned out eventually.

I'm not knocking the newsbit, but why release "almost news"? This has gotten to be a thing. Hey tomorrow we're gonna talk about something. Tune in!

This has been on my wishlist so long that I already forgot about it again. Although, it really looks like an instabuy once released.
I very much like what I have seen so far! I hope it sells well...

Cant wait to play the game.:boogie:

Just hope it's not delayed at the last second again.

Good gravy… I wish people could realize that large screens full of acid-green "grass" is physically painful to look at.

Totally agree. This is apparently my only draw-back of this promising game. Tiny bits of little things on a toxic green is ugly and eye-painful and I get tired of micromanage all these pixels even before playing the game.
If devs read this, please, IMO, would be great the option to change colours and any way to zoom in.

If devs read this, please, IMO, would be great the option to change colours and any way to zoom in.

Iirc, the devs did add a zoom feature awhile back. I don't think it's a manually adjustable zoom though. There will be near and far camera modes.

Iirc, the devs did add a zoom feature awhile back. I don't think it's a manually adjustable zoom though. There will be near and far camera modes.

That is actually the one concern I have. Based on the videos I've seen a mouse wheel zoom (even if it is stepped) is a must have. The player character is ridiculously small on a high res setting. Otherwise the game looks great.

Back
Top Bottom