Balrum - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Balrum has now been released on Steam.

Released!
1 MARCH - BALCONY TEAM
Hello everyone! Finally! Finally! Balrum is ready!

First of all, thank you for being patient and understanding.

Second of all, thank you to everyone over at Kickstarter for making Balrum a possibility. You guys were so kind and supportive we could not believe it.

We will support Balrum for years to come and enhance it as much as we can. 1.0 is just the beginning :)

We hope that you will enjoy your time spent in the world of Balrum!

Thank you everyone!
More information.

has the look of Eschalon or Avernum. I may get this, might wait for a bigger sale though. I can see this being a couple bucks by Christmas as desperation will set in. I can no longer accept a game that has tiny characters that are almost invisible on the screen.

However, if it gets approved by some of our Watchers, I may go ahead and take the plunge.

It's the principle. If it has phone game graphics, it should have phone game price :D

Well, I hope I'm corrected, but this has always looked pretty basic and generic, to me. I've no problem with a 2D engine, done well, but I'm not seeing anything particularly interesting or engaging on any front. I await the reviews.

Well, I hope I'm corrected, but this has always looked pretty basic and generic, to me. I've no problem with a 2D engine, done well, but I'm not seeing anything particularly interesting or engaging on any front. I await the reviews.

me too

Played 2 hours. As far as I have seen, it is all about not to starve. You starve even while speaking to NPCs!

From Steam board:
"Talking to NPC's and reading their text on your own pace doesn't pause the hunger/thirst bar from dropping. So the longer you read, the more food and water you'll need to compensate"

This is really mad.

Last edited:
What? For real? The game does not pause when you read???? What purpose does this serve? Improve speed-reading? Pass.

What? For real? The game does not pause when you read???? What purpose does this serve? Improve speed-reading? Pass.

I find it realistic, actually.
If it's relatively easy to get food and water, I don't see where the problem is, really.
I find hunger and thirst mechanics pretty light, generally speaking. It's nice to see something a bit harder for a change.

Ive really been looking forward to this game. I'm imagining that there will be a lot of patches post release to fix issues that didnt get addressed in beta. I probably won't jump in right away because of rl time pressure and awaiting a few patches is good.

I find it realistic, actually.
If it's relatively easy to get food and water, I don't see where the problem is, really.
I find hunger and thirst mechanics pretty light, generally speaking. It's nice to see something a bit harder for a change.

yeah, but really? if you are reading conversation, you generally have to "break" that conversation, by finishing out the mandatory text readings which is an unrealistic action in general. there would be more versimiltude if it would allow you to wander off in the middle of the coversation and get some water. or strangle the speaker.

yeah, but really? if you are reading conversation, you generally have to "break" that conversation, by finishing out the mandatory text readings which is an unrealistic action in general. there would be more versimiltude if it would allow you to wander off in the middle of the coversation and get some water. or strangle the speaker.

I see where you're coming from. But are the penalties severe? Like, seconds after your hunger level depletes you start losing HP or something? Despite backing it, I haven't played it yet.

Still no key, wow. Maybe after lunch.

I got mine not that long ago, they are sending them via Kickstarter mailing system.

Played 2 hours. As far as I have seen, it is all about not to starve. You starve even while speaking to NPCs!

From Steam board:
"Talking to NPC's and reading their text on your own pace doesn't pause the hunger/thirst bar from dropping. So the longer you read, the more food and water you'll need to compensate"

This is really mad.

Turns out eating a giant breakfast every morning until you get the buffs will avoid this.

Back
Top Bottom