Monster's Den: Godfall - February Update

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here is a short update on the development of Monster's Den.

This month I've been doing a bit of everything. I've been finishing leftover issues related to the optimization work that's been ongoing, and has made a huge difference to performance.

The last Monster's Den game, Chronicles, was experimental and introduced some changes that worked, and some that didn't. After player feedback on that game, one of my design goals for Godfall's battle system is to bring back more of what people liked about Book of Dread. With that in mind, it has been undergoing some design changes. This includes tying more effects to character turns rather than the battle timer, reverting the stun mechanic to a more conventional "miss a turn" effect, and reintroducing stacking poison effects. I've been tinkering with this stuff for a long time-and I'm still finding the right balance- but it's getting close.

I'm working on finishing out all of the player character skill trees. This has previously been a gradual process, adding new skills as inspiration strikes. This month it is a focus, and it will be good to have that wrapped up. (At least until the beta!)

I also lost an entire weekend to the release of XCOM2. I'm only human!

This month I'm also starting to commission artwork for the backer-created creatures and equipment that I've received so far. If you have an unclaimed reward at these tiers it's not too late, but I will need to hear from you before too long. I'll begin following up on these unclaimed rewards next month. On a related note..
And the crowdfunding campaign, which ws continued on the games' website, is now formally closed.

Thanks Eye.

More information.

I really liked the Monster's Den games when I played them on Kongregate years ago. So I'm very looking forward to see them made into proper games with more depth.
Definitely on my lookout-list!

Back
Top Bottom