Balrum - Patch

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Balrum has been patched to include the following fixes:

-The guard at Kyler's village won't open the gates.
-The mana usage of the Forget Crime scroll has been reduced.
-The whistle sound won't get stuck in a loop any more.
-Fixed a CTD when trying to repair critical craft items at a repairer.
-Fixed a CTD when a custom item that was a critical craft reached 0 durability after long usage.
-Fixed a bug that was causing a crash after the first boot of the game on certain systems.
-Implemented a workaround to fix a crash on OSX systems that was happening only on the first boot of the game.

To translators: (thank you for your work)
-After we are done with everything regarding the release we will start contacting you.
-We made changes to the “objects.xml” file.
-The game already supports numerous language ASCII character sets but if you have problems with your language characters please contact us.
More information.

the interface is too wonky and unrefined, as i age i have little patience for things like that.

Theres already another patch that includes the following.
Hunger/thirst paused while interacting.
Option in new game to decrease hunger/thirst speed.

+other minor things.

+other minor things.

I think it is a good call to give player that option.
A newborn girl and underrail to finish, guess this game has to wait a bit longer...

Congrats!

Yes congrats!

We had twins 3 years ago to go along with our already made son. 3 boys under 6 have restricted my gaming time. Looking forward to gaming with them as they grow

I have refunded Balrum, and it is the first time I do this. The weird system of hunger/thirst in real time -even when you are checking your stats, your map or inventory- was too much for me.
Surely the newborn girl of Ikbenrichard has less urges about nutrition that this mad game. :)
And yes, the interface is clunky (what made the starvation system even more frustrating.)

I think it is a good call to give player that option.
A newborn girl and underrail to finish, guess this game has to wait a bit longer…

Congrats Richard

A newborn girl and underrail to finish, guess this game has to wait a bit longer…

I originally read "a newborn girl" thinking it was the title of a game. I know they've made some more "real life" RPGs recently, but it still took me a bit by surprise. :p

But congratulations....UnderRail is a great game. You've made a fine purchase. :p

I have refunded Balrum, and it is the first time I do this. The weird system of hunger/thirst in real time -even when you are checking your stats, your map or inventory- was too much for me.
Surely the newborn girl of Ikbenrichard has less urges about nutrition that this mad game. :)
And yes, the interface is clunky (what made the starvation system even more frustrating.)

LOL they just patched this out in a second, smaller patch today. No more hunger/thirst during certain activities and an option to lessen it further at the start of a new game. Head back on over and rebuy it!

I originally read "a newborn girl" thinking it was the title of a game. I know they've made some more "real life" RPGs recently, but it still took me a bit by surprise. :p

But congratulations….UnderRail is a great game. You've made a fine purchase. :p

You are evil ! :lol:

LOL they just patched this out in a second, smaller patch today. No more hunger/thirst during certain activities and an option to lessen it further at the start of a new game. Head back on over and rebuy it!

I don´t think so. For my tastes Balrum does not need only a patch but an entirely different game concept. Starvation system in real time -even lessened- is totally against my way of playing RPGs. My preffered thing to do is exploring calmly the world, the UI and so on ..without any kind of time pressure.
Balrum would be great with action based starvation instead of real time based. If you chop a treee, you starve a 15%, no matter how much real time that get for you.
So, I will take my time and perhaps in 2019 Christmas sales I would rebuy it.

+other minor things.

Thanks for the Update! :)

Balrum would be great with action based starvation instead of real time based. If you chop a treee, you starve a 15%, no matter how much real time that get for you.
So, I will take my time and perhaps in 2019 Christmas sales I would rebuy it.

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense whatsoever. :)

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense whatsoever. :)

I think hes meaning starvation utilized like a stamina bar.
If you chop a tree, you lose .15 of a full "Well Fed - Hunger status"
If you draw water from a well, you lose .5 of a full "Well Fed - Hunger status"
If you kick a puppy, you are an ass, but you also lose .2 of a full "Well Fed - Hunger status"

Rather than a straight constant drain on the bar, its more action based. Like most games utilize stamina.

At least thats what I think he means.

I can see what Swann is saying. I think treating hunger as an aspect of stamina consumed by certain activities, rather than as a constant ticker, would be much better. The idea of a real-time ticker counting down, no matter what I'm doing, is also a big turn-off to me in an RPG.

I could understand the dismay if it was countdown that couldn't be controlled, but that's really a non-issue now that they've changed it to allow the player to adjust the settings.

Back
Top Bottom