The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A lot of interesting news from Numantian Games:

New Languages: Russian, Chinese and Italian

Greetings!

New Version v.2.1: Three New Languages Available

The new version of Lords of Xulima is available now and includes three new languages: Chinese, Russian and Italian.

We would have loved to release it sooner but we have experienced several delays with the translations. Also, languages with different alphabets like Russian and especially Chinese have been a real challenge to support. Anyway, we have learnt a lot and we promise that future games will be translated into all the languages for the official launch. Everything, from the world map to the Deluxe Edition books have been translated. Hope you enjoy it!

Future Projects of Numantian Games

We are currently working on two main projects.

First, porting LoX to consoles. We have just finished the gamepad support for LoX. It has been quite complex as the game has many different mechanics, but after a lot of work the game is fully playable with a gamepad. It feels very intuitive and fast to play.

Second, we are working on a new game in a different genre. What could it be? Any guess? :) It is a secret at the moment… but we hope to start talking about it very soon.

In the meantime…

We are also sketching what Lords of Xulima II will be. We are exploring new ideas and taking all the feedback possible from the forum comments and reviews. We have created a new forum branch "Lords of Xulima II Feedback" where you can write your ideas and wishes. Here you can comment on what parts or mechanics you have enjoyed the most from LoX, and which of them you enjoyed less or would change.

We would love to hear your ideas! We will periodically update the post to collect and summarize the feedback.

Thank you very much to all the players of LoX. Thanks for sharing it and recommending it. The success of this game has only been possible with your support.

All the best!

More information.

Last edited:
Since it's been a week asking is fair. What's the status on the other article I submitted?

Highly recommend LoX for those who love party/turn based RPGs. We need more of these.

To me it was the best RPG in many years. An almost perfect game.

To me it was the best RPG in many years. An almost perfect game.

Here's hoping that LoX2 has more story/choices to make. I think it's the only thing that kept it from pretty much being relatively perfect.

I didn't like that it forced one of the weakest characters to be a member of the party. So, I hope they do away with that and perhaps hire a writer.

Hoping for an Android port to go along with their console port! They already have gamepad support, so why not port it to Android, add touch support along with gamepad support and release a killer RPG on Android! :)

Here's hoping that LoX2 has more story/choices to make. I think it's the only thing that kept it from pretty much being relatively perfect.

I don't think so. The whole point of the game was that these "epic stories" are always cringey in the end and aren't important.

TBH I thought of it as a continuous grind - just a constant push to the next combat. I also didn't like that some areas were locked out if the game thought you got ahead yourself.

I did play it all the way through tho.

I was also a big fan of the first one. Although, some points weren't perfect:
- Speed was the all governing stat. For all char types! They need to find a better solution.
- Loot and equipment was mostly meh. They need a more interesting, rewarding system.
- Main char was mostly dead weight.
- Game was a tad bit too long (at least when you wanted to explore everything).

why they bother with consoles? they will sell 10x times less than on pc, wasted time imo

Story was the weakest point of Xulima. That are needs serious improvement. Other things were pointed by Darkheart already. They also need to make exploring rewarding, not throw in some useless/uninteresting loot. Overall, not a bad game, but definitely could use some improvements.

This sort of echo my view. The game starts off fantastic. It actually makes you want to kill the guards and other similar effects which I think is an indication of how good the game really is; however after a while it just became a grind to completion. There were not (imho) very many 'wow' events later on; the game forces a somewhat fix path of exploration (much prefer D:OS approach) and for the story finale it was just too long. I would prefer a shorter game that has more punch (quality in the 'wow' events) from start to end. The combat mechanics and classes were fine; a few tweaks can't hurt but no real complaints. However, the map (exploration) should be a bit more open. I think the way i would explain it is that one path might be more difficult (the north gate for example) but if you go s w e the difficulty is gradual as expand outwards. This is more difficult thing to implement with regards to area design but I think D:OS did a really good job here esp with regards to allowing but not excessive amount of back-tracking. With Xulima at the very start i thought I had complete freedom but by 1/4 of the game it was obvious I had no freedom at all with regards to travel. There would be only one path that I could walk and I had to (at times) search for that path. I remember once the only way I could go east and I had not quite covered the road far enough so I missed that east area but until I went there it was impossible to go anywhere else in the game (the difficulty spike are very rigid off the beaten path). I understand why they did things this way and I think it can be ok if the game is short enough but for an 80+ hour game looking for the one path you are allowed to take across the entire world becomes a grind esp when the next path might be annoying unrelated to the current path.

TBH I thought of it as a continuous grind - just a constant push to the next combat. I also didn't like that some areas were locked out if the game thought you got ahead yourself.

I did play it all the way through tho.

First one was excellent, they don't need to change a thing to make the sequel a day one purchase for me. The first one more than delivered.

For me too, but I wouldn't mind seeing the additional two classes that were kickstarter stretch goals and didn't make it into the first game.

glad to hear some feedback on LoX from the RPGW guys. I think I might give it a stab now.

Back
Top Bottom