Jinx: Womb of Cosmos - Announced

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Jinxsoft annouced a new epic fantasy RPG today: Jinx: Womb of Cosmos

Greetings and salutations!

The development team of Jinx: Womb of Cosmos would like to make an announcement:

The star-crossed group of heroes including Jinx, the mysterious masked Etherweaver (that's a spellcaster), Colleen, the Ursidae (that's a panda) beastwoman bodyguard, and Blood, the grumpy but poetic (that's his imagination) bulldog, are ecstatic to reveal that their journey's end grows nearer and nearer, and they would like to respectfully point out a few helpful points that may capture your interest.

1. Jinx: Womb of Cosmos is an epic Gothic fantasy RPG that will be available as an Early Access game on Steam (Win/Mac/Linux) and GoG on mid-December 2016.
    • The Early Access will consist of 5 phases, each of them adding 3-5 new areas, while most of the core mechanics will be available during Phase One.
    • The price range for the Early Access will be €16-22.
    • The price range for the full game will be €26-32.
    • Our plans are to port to Xbox One and PS4 during the first two phases of Early Access.
  2. Our website, www.jinxrealm.com, will be online starting this Thursday, 24 of March, along with its forum and Kyuval's Archives, its dedicated wiki named after our God of Knowledge.
  3. A Kickstarter campaign will be launched mid-September.
  4. Our first combat gameplay demo will be available during summer, via our website and our page in IndieDB (http://www.indiedb.com/games/jinx-womb-of-cosmos).
  5. We have been working on a comic and a book containing short stories from the Jinx universe. Both of them will become available via Amazon mid-summer.
  6. We are planning to release the first pages of the comic for free during the next couple of months.
Description
An amalgam of the 8/16 bit nostalgia of turn based rpgs like FF, Breath of Fire, Phantasy star (and other) combined with the graphic style of titles like Neverwinter Nights, a challenging combat system and an intense story driven gameplay!

Features
  • Challenging Turn-Based combat
    Do not expect to spam click through your battles. Even apparently trivial opponents can prove deadly.
  • A unique trio of heroes
    A cursed mute Elementalist, a vegetarian Bulldog with an obsession for poetry and a beastwoman bodyguard on her path to atonement…
  • Compelling story line
    There is no prophecy, there are no written destinies, you don't need to save the world. You are as important as your actions suggest.
  • 200+ Skills & Abilities
    Customize your heroes as you see fit by choosing from a plethora of abilities spanning over 13 different ability groups plus numerous unique weapon powers.
  • No loot based gameplay
    Why would you let go of your ancestral weapon to get a +1 one? There are many more techniques to unlock as you master it…of course, there are always trinkets to find that will adore that ancestral mace, or trophies to collect from those hard-won victories…
  • World exploration & treasure hunting
    Explore beautiful locations and discover those obvious or hidden details that will bring you one step closer to self-awareness and perfection
  • Hard dungeon delving full of traps & secrets
    If you expect a-stroll-through-the-park dungeons then you are in for a big surprise. Traps of all kinds and secret passages are everywhere….well almost everywhere.
  • Non-linear quest lines & journal
    There is no quest marker on the map. Your journal is your most valuable ally.
  • Two different level progressions
    Acquire combat experience from challenging battles to perfect your fighting technique, and gather lore from exploring locales, talking to wise men, studying tomes of knowledge, or taking the risk to observe a wild beast while it's trying to chew on your friends..
  • Your Own Castle
    Delve in Castle Sin, a gloomy, almost abandoned stronghold that you will need to restore and use efficiently in order to survive the harsh environments and harsher circumstances. Restock your supplies, craft items or indulge yourselves in not-so-meaningless chit-chat with your undead servants and your homunculus butler.
More information.

Sounds like my cup of tea. Let's hope they can pull it off.
I'm interested in how they will spice up the turn-based combat. Sneaking? Flanking? Cover?
I really like the Shadowrun games, but combat was too simplistic.

Is there something I am missing about news of this game being Announced?

It looks good to me but no one seems to be commenting on it. Is there something I am missing? Have they released poor games before?

Jinxsoft has made games in different genres so far:

http://www.jinxsoft.com/

I think that they are new in the RPG business.

I guess that's what I mean it looks like everything they have posted about the game seems like it could be a solid game to play. Not sure why there doesn't seem to be much interest in it here.

I guess that's what I mean it looks like everything they have posted about the game seems like it could be a solid game to play. Not sure why there doesn't seem to be much interest in it here.

Well, no gameplay in the video, plus it still being far in the future (September for the Kickstarter to happen). Ask me again in September.

Greetings fellow rpg-addicts!

I am Michael Raftopoulos of Jinxsoft. FIrst of all I would like to thank RPGWatch for posting our press release and our video and all of you for your nice comments.

Admittedly since 2011 we have created various trivia/quiz/puzzle titles while the mobile market was still young. Jinx: Womb of Cosmos is not our first game for PC/Mac/Linux/Consoles alas …our first commercial since we have had the honor of creating various research games for a Canadian institute.

We have set high standards for our title, as both me and my fellow co-designer have been playing tabletop and roleplaying games (in various platforms) for the last 20 years. Give us a chance and you won't regret it!

Needless to say that I will gladly answer any questions you may have about the game (its lore in particular :p ), jinxsoft or anything else :)

Welcome at RPGWatch, Blood & liriam! :party: :ahoy:

Last edited:
Greetings Everyone!
It just came to my attention that you posted our press release! Thank you RPGWatch for your support! Since Blood beat me to the introduction and already told you all about Jinxsoft, let me just add that we will do our best not to let people down, this is only the beginning of our Grand Quest! We will always be here for your questions. See you around….! :)

Greetings fellow rpg-addicts!

I am Michael Raftopoulos of Jinxsoft. FIrst of all I would like to thank RPGWatch for posting our press release and our video and all of you for your nice comments.

Admittedly since 2011 we have created various trivia/quiz/puzzle titles while the mobile market was still young. Jinx: Womb of Cosmos is not our first game for PC/Mac/Linux/Consoles alas …our first commercial since we have had the honor of creating various research games for a Canadian institute.

We have set high standards for our title, as both me and my fellow co-designer have been playing tabletop and roleplaying games (in various platforms) for the last 20 years. Give us a chance and you won't regret it!

Needless to say that I will gladly answer any questions you may have about the game (its lore in particular :p ), jinxsoft or anything else :)

Greetings Everyone!
It just came to my attention that you posted our press release! Thank you RPGWatch for your support! Since Blood beat me to the introduction and already told you all about Jinxsoft, let me just add that we will do our best not to let people down, this is only the beginning of our Grand Quest! We will always be here for your questions. See you around….! :)

Welcome to both of you, I am very excited to see what you will bring to the table. I was checking out your web site after it went live last weekend and really like what I was reading on there about your plans for the game.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32987

One question is the registration page fixed?

Did you run into a problem with our registration page?

www.jinxrealm.com works as it should right now! But let us know if you still encounter any issue with it.

Last edited:
Great....Really looking forward to see how this game progresses.

Back
Top Bottom