Stardew Valley - Update: Married Life, Fruit Trees, More

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The latest Stardew Valley update features some improvements to Married Life, Fruit Trees, Charcoal Kilns and lots of minor annoyances.

You can find a full list of changes below:

• Spouses now say unique dialogues during festivals (most of the time), rather than the generic handful of dialogues
  • Spouse stands next to you at the Dance of the Moonlight Jellies
  • In-law dialogue... when you marry someone, their parents/relatives dialogues will change slightly to account for the change
  • Sam, Sebastian, and Abigail now go to the saloon on fridays after you marry them.
  • Spouses won't leave on rainy days, unless they have to go to work.
  • Fruit trees produce higher quality fruit as they age. (once per year, up to gold star)
  • Fruit tree harvesting now involves shaking the tree to drop the fruit
  • Lightning strikes now have a unique effect on fruit trees
  • Lightning is more likely to strike trees and crops, but lightning rods now have a very good chance of intercepting lightning strikes (if they aren't already processing a lightning bolt)
  • Charcoal Kiln now requires 10 wood to produce 1 coal, down from 20
  • Maxed-out friendship levels will no longer decay
  • Added another digit to the shipping menu money counters.
  • Dying in mines is less harsh: money lost caps at 5000g, rate of item loss reduced, can't lose rings or the
  • Your assigned movement keys are now used within Journey Of The Prairie King
  • You can now retrieve powerups and coins that drop on the edge of the map in Journey Of The Prairie King
  • The last two hearts are now greyed-out for marriage candidates until you give them the bouquet
  • Willy now likes most fish dishes
  • Adventurer's Guild now sells monster slayer rewards after you've unlocked them (you still get the free reward)
  • Hardware mouse cursor option
Bug Fixes:

• Tools left in chests within farm buildings won't count as "missing"
  • Poppy properly consumed in poppyseed muffin recipe
  • Can no longer incorrectly "consume" trap bobbers (click to make them disappear with strange sound)
  • Agriculturist profession no longer causes an extra 25% growth rate when speed-gro isn't present. Speed increase effects should now properly apply to very slow-growing crops.
  • Fixed sunflower seed price at JojaMart
  • Chests should no longer appear on top of you in bed after upgrading your house.
  • Item placement with the gamepad improved, and there is now an option to show an item placement indicator
  • Snow yams shouldn't appear in the desert anymore
  • Sea Cucumber should properly appear in the fishing tab of the Shipping menu
  • Farm animals should no longer get stuck on fences placed directly to the right of the barn door.
  • Various minor bug fixes.
  • Minor changes/fixes to dialogue
More information.

Is having fun the only goal in this game?
I am a type of world-domination person, so I guess I should skip this?

If you like Sims, buy this.
If you never understood what's so fascinating in Sims, skip this.

One thing more, this game will work on your integrated graphics. :p

If you like Sims, buy this.
If you never understood what's so fascinating in Sims, skip this.

One thing more, this game will work on your integrated graphics. :p

Re:integrated graphics
I sold my discrete one thinking it will force me to play good old games.
The plan failed: I read books instead and salivate over youtube videos.
And it would be stupid to spend 250$ now since new awesome cards are coming by Q3.

I could never get into the Sims, but I enjoy this game. While the game may not have a goal in the traditional sense, your always trying to make money to build up your farm and build new devices and buildings, so that you can make more money, so you can build even more stuff. Your goal is just to be as succesful as possible by the end of 3 years (though I believe your score is measured by more things then just how much money you made).

I've been told its akin to the Harvest Moon games mixed with a hair of Terrera.
If you like collecting things, building things and planting/fishing with simplistic dungeon fighting, you will enjoy it.

I've been told its akin to the Harvest Moon games mixed with a hair of Terrera.
If you like collecting things, building things and planting/fishing with simplistic dungeon fighting, you will enjoy it.

That's my take on it. Harvest Moon with design aesthetics taken from Terraria.

I am continually astounded that this is all the work of one person. The music alone shows a mastery of mood, form, and harmony. I keep hearing tiny snippets and traces of Chrono Trigger and other well known games in the score and instrument selection. This guy really knows what he's doing.

Personally, I sense great potential in this game. But that's only my feeling.

I think I should really buy it when my vacation has arrived.

I'm still having a blast with this game :) Clocking 130 hours now, yes, I think I'm addicted. Playing 3 different characters with different personality which affects how they are building their farm and relationship with town folks :)

First one is perfectionist, work/farming first before relationships. Trying to get her farm in best state with mix of both crops and animals. Married Elliott. Now starting to get friendly with most of villagers after 3.5 years.

Second one is prissy, flirty, pretty girl who hates working hard. She grows flowers and berries only, mainly surviving by selling honey, maple syrups and jams. She hates animals, fishing and mining. Flirted with all singles in town, married Sam. Have very good relationship with most of villagers in less than 2 years. Rather than working on fixing community centre, she sold her soul to Joja mart and already fixed up all perks that comes with it.

Last one is naive, simple minded, animal loving girl. She will work with animals only, as she finds growing crops tedious. Also enjoys fishing and don't mind mining. Only been in her farm for half a year. Will pick one bachelor only (probably will go with Alex this time). She doesn't mind people but enjoy spending time with animals more, so had minimal interactions with town folks.

Yep, I'm crazy!

World domination, no. The tone of the game is very gentle.

But you can play it in a goal-oriented way if you choose. There's a two year window before [spoiler warning!] Grandpa's ghost comes back and judges your farm. If you strategize and exploit every aspect of the game in that time, you'll build up enough of a reputation that Grandpa will [spoiler warning!] light four magic candles in your honor, instead of the paltry three candles that my own mediocre farming skills were awarded.

Working toward that goal will likely take you about a hundred hours, after which it's reasonable to say that you've "won" the game. There's plenty of content there to call a main questline.

But you can also totally ignore all that, and just tool around town doing as you please.

Back
Top Bottom