Interplay - Now Hiring

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Tired of working for a stable company that pays regularly? Looking for something exciting and edgy with a company we last saw getting turfed out because they couldn't pay their rent? Then check out Interplay's three openings advertised on Gamasutra - Jason Anderson is listed as the contact to hire an environmental concept artist, system designer and content designer for their next-gen MMO.
More information.

Note the requirements: "Familiarity with the Fallout universe and SPECIAL system".

I'm starting to get the feeling Jason D. Anderson is working on the Fallout MMO, as opposed to earlier reports.

Note the requirements: "Familiarity with the Fallout universe and SPECIAL system".

I'm starting to get the feeling Jason D. Anderson is working on the Fallout MMO, as opposed to earlier reports.
Yeah. I'd say that removes all doubt.

This is going to be interesting to watch. Pass the popcorn.

If they can get the money JAnderson could certainly do a better job than bethesda.

Yeah. I'd say that removes all doubt.

Now how bout they lift a doubt we REALLY have : how the hell are they going to fund a full --pre-prod to release including marketing budget-- development cycle?!

I want to see figures, I want to see numbers, I want to see the names of the investors. Hey this isn't weapons dealing, aren't such information supposed to be public?!

PS: excellent news writing on that one Dhruin, thanks for the laugh! And gets even more funny when you realise that Jason Anderson actually accepted knowing that /bow down to the sense of adventure --and craziness-- of the guy. But as they say, the difference between genius and crazy is just success, I hope I'll be able to scream everywhere in a few years how genius he was for making such a crazy decision!

But as they say, the difference between genius and crazy is just success, I hope I'll be able to scream everywhere in a few years how genius he was for making such a crazy decision!
More likely you'll be visiting him in the Peter Molyneux memorial hospital for terminally deranged game designers.

Now how bout they lift a doubt we REALLY have : how the hell are they going to fund a full --pre-prod to release including marketing budget-- development cycle?!

I want to see figures, I want to see numbers, I want to see the names of the investors. Hey this isn't weapons dealing, aren't such information supposed to be public?!
Here is their latest SEC filing, and I don't see anything that indicates any of this at all. Maybe they're timing it to get a three-month window of slealthiness?

Here is their latest SEC filing, and I don't see anything that indicates any of this at all. Maybe they're timing it to get a three-month window of slealthiness?

Ooh thanks a lot Squeek, yet another funny -but sad- read. Just a few interesting quotes:
"Our outstanding accounts payable and current liabilities totaled approximately
$3.8 million . As of September 30, 2007 we had an accumulated deficit of $124
million"

"The Company anticipates its current cash reserves, plus its expected
generation of cash from existing operations will only be sufficient to fund its
anticipated expenditures through the end of the third quarter of 2008."

Scary.

Hell, the marketing would be a cakewalk actually, if this thing gets rolling it could take down a mountain. :)
They could maybe wrangle some deal for an engine for 5% of net, find a hungry marketing team and setup a deal with Valve for distribution.
Try to start with something small and manageable as Vanguard should have done, one good working and solid continent.
Hehe, I would probably subscribe just to keep it out of bethesda's hands. :p

Back
Top Bottom