Stardew Valley - Over 1 Million Copies sold

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Polygon reports that Stardew Valley is one of Steam's biggest releases in 2016 so far:

Stardew Valley has sold over a million copies, publisher Chucklefish Games confirmed to Polygon. That makes the farming simulator one of Steam's biggest releases of 2016 thus far, according to SteamSpy.

"It's actually at 1,007,000 [copies sold] as of now," a representative for Chucklefish Games told Polygon in an email. That figure has yet to be reflected on SteamSpy, a third-party tracking platform that keeps tabs on how games on Steam are selling. Based on the updated number, its list of 2016's biggest commercial hits finds Stardew Valley sitting just under the free-to-play Ark: Survival of the Fittest and H1Z1, whose sales numbers comprise both free and paid versions. [...]
More information.

I am more inspired by Lucas Pope, and he made a better game as well.

Success can come in many different forms. I don't see any reason to down play the Stardew Valley developer's success… other than this being an internet forum. Never played papers please, but it has been successful as well.

As a solo developer working, with an artist, on my own project this does offer a tiny bit of hope. Although, success of this magnitude is not the norm.
Just read interviews with the guy.
He wasn't killing himself over the game, there were times he'd do stuff passionately without stopping, then there were times he'd be on "a break" doing other stuff or - nothing. I believe that slacking was exactly what was necessary to make the game addictive as it is, a tired brain just can't understand what's annoying and what is not.

Also remember what many people not just me post lately.
No rush, better postponed several times gem than forced out bug-o-rama.

So let hope go and take your time instead. ;)

It's great to see that's it's such a success. While i have never played the game, i'm always happy to see an indie do well.

Just read interviews with the guy.
He wasn't killing himself over the game, there were times he'd do stuff passionately without stopping, then there were times he'd be on "a break" doing other stuff or - nothing. I believe that slacking was exactly what was necessary to make the game addictive as it is, a tired brain just can't understand what's annoying and what is not.

Also remember what many people not just me post lately.
No rush, better postponed several times gem than forced out bug-o-rama.

So let hope go and take your time instead. ;)

I agree about taking the time. It is taking more time then I'd like. Hope to me does not mean pushing a project out the door. Just maybe that there is light at the end of the dark tunnel that solo dev projects can be at times.

Success can come in many different forms. I don't see any reason to down play the Stardew Valley developer's success… other than this being an internet forum. Never played papers please, but it has been successful as well.

Agreed.

This game looks somewhat interesting and I've watched some tubers play it but I think it's too slow paced for my tastes and I'm usually ok with variety and some casual play.

Also agree that it's cool to see an indie succeed to this extent.

Yeah, I've only watched it on twitch as well. Not really my type of game, at least most of the time.

Youtube watching is not game playing.
Stardew Valley is designed to be played the way you like not the way some nolifer streams over internet. I've posted before, unlike some farming oriented people who swear that this game is some phonegame farming ripoff, in my case farming was the thing in this game I almost didn't do at all.

Back
Top Bottom