Seven - Game Reveal Trailer

Well it looks interesting but I still wont buy it. Here's why.:tears:
Best played with a gamepad, Seven’s freerunning is a far cry from clicking to determine where you want your Pillars of Eternity party to be and waiting for them to turn up there. The unconventional control method is still in pre-alpha, but Fool’s Theory and IMGN.PRO are confident they’re onto something.
Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33186

Basically I hate when developers don't implement good M&KB controls in PC games.

Last edited:
Well it looks interesting but I still wont buy it. Here's why.:tears:
Linked - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33186

Basically I hate when developers don't implement good M&KB controls in PC games.

Fair enough through the game still looks like fun and is at the least introducing a vertical element to rpgs. Thats something that other rpgs could stand to be inspired by even if the game ultimately fails. How I wished for vertical elements in Wasteland 2. :-/

Things like climbing were in the original after all.

They said best played with gamepad, not that it is only way to play.

They said best played with gamepad, not that it is only way to play.
Yeah I heard that line used plenty of times from different developers over the years. Just look at the Dark Soul & Assassin Creed games for more examples of poor PC controls.

The developers recommend you definitely use a controller for best user experience. :-/

Edit - I'll quote Nameless from the other thread.
Thats right. Most people don't realise this, but the control input dictated almost everything about how the game is built and this comes into place right at the drawing board. Its not something simple that you just slap together at the last minute, its the foundation for your gameplay and systems. Everything is tweaked, built and designed based on your control input. Mouse and keyboard allows for limitless gamedesign, while controllers need to have everything built around their many limits and inept nature. Movement, level design, systems, gameplay, interface, - it's all tied with the control input.

Yeah I heard that line used plenty of times from different developers over the years. Just look at the Dark Soul & Assassin Creed games for more examples of poor PC controls.

The developers recommend you definitely use a controller for best user experience. :-/
Well then, you can wait until the game is released and find out from others how are KBM controls.

Original visuals and good ideas. But .. but this is R e a l t i m e.. ughh.. I'm not buying. Too bad. Game looks good and worthy.

commandos ish.

thats the future. ive been yelling it for ages

Add a good story to this and I'll be very interested

I could never get enough Commandos
I remember playing the first game at my local pizzeria on an Arcade machine.

Now having said that I feel so damn old right now.
smiley-emoticon-110-friends%20circle%20smileys%20gallery%20-%20page%204-old.gif

Nice graphic but basically just another console-action game... Not for me.

why isometric for this though. Look like the usual over the shoulder third person wuold fit better.

While I strongly prefer playing turn-based / tactical party RPG games with M/KB, I almost always play Action RPGs (or anything with twitch based gameplay) with a gamepad. I'd be concerned / puzzled if they were making a turn-based PC exclusive game and saying that but for an action / stealth RPG (and not a Diablo click n' slash) it just makes sense that it would play "better" with a controller.

And while this game is currently only planned for PC, I assume, if it does well they will eventually want to port it to consoles.

But I don't care about any of that as long as the game is fun. Looks / sounds cool so far, but as it's a "Thief-inspired" game (not Assassin's Creed) I hope that it is at least possible (if not strongly encouraged) to do a pacifist playthrough.

Looks great to me. I like the perspective and dynamic use of vertical space.

I'm in the crappy mouse/keyboard support I don't want to hear about it crowd.
-
D:OS did it right - dedicated kb/m interface and dedicated independent controller interface. They aren't the only one to have done that but they are the most recent example (I can recall).

Back
Top Bottom