Stellar Tactics - New Kickstarter

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
As mentioned last week, Stellar Tactics is now live on Kickstarter.

Stellar Tactics is a nostalgic, party-based RPG with an open world, classless progression system and an immersive narrative, the game is a tribute to classic isometric RPG's that we all know and love.

Explore a vast corner of deep space filled with numerous factions all vying for power in a universe torn by war and corruption. Equip one of 40 flyable ships with weapons, shields and the best equipment you can afford and explore hundreds of thousands of star systems, each filled with opportunities for adventure. Stellar Tactics is nonlinear and allows for almost unlimited free-form exploration. Return to the main story arc any time you like and fulfill your destiny.

Step off your ship and explore planetary cave systems, abandoned space stations, derelict ships and more with your team of mercenaries, each of which you've customized from scratch using a classless progression system with hundreds of perks. Engage in tactical combat with melee and ranged weapons, grenades, psionic powers and the unique Azimuth system that unleashes devastating team effects. Take advantage of cover and positioning, develop your skills and survive.
They also made a new combat video available.

More information.

I'm in...and it's not easy dragging me into a Kickstarter these days. This one, however, is very reasonably priced. I would've paid more. :p

Game looks great and certainly ambitious. Best of luck.

I really hope this gets funding. Looks really cool.

I find the target too low for the proposed scope of the game. I've seen too many games pitch low because that's all they think they can get, and then the game languishes in alphas, early access and "prologues". I like the idea, but I'm not convinced by the project.

Pitch is confusing: is it MOO or XCOM/ALIENS-like or on what exactly is the focus here? Also graphics is pretty newbie. GUI is entirely inadequate for this purpose.

> I like the idea, but I'm not convinced by the project.
Good enough for me.

There are a lot of games I backed and probably will never play.
For me it's worth paying to be closer to the whole process of developing a game - that's interesting and entertaining.

Can't argue with that.

Hi folks - dev of ST here again ;)

I'd just like to thank those of you who have backed us. It's a really big deal when people put their trust in you and commit to helping you out.

I can also completely understand when folks are wary of backing a small indie developer. I get it, and I've felt the same way. Keep an eye on us, see where we take this and we hope someday that you will get behind us on this project. We are going to work hard to deliver!

The prologue, when it's ready should be a very good indication of what we are developing.

In general, the game is a Party-Based cRPG with tactical ground combat. 4 party members max. The playfield is space. You start with a small ship, build your party and gather wealth through exploring space, taking missions, mining asteroid fields, trading goods between systems, landing at planetary mission locations, stations, cave systems and other exploration locations. As you become more powerful and increase your wealth you can buy larger ships, ships that might be better for mining, trading, fighting and exploring farther in space.

While Iv'e stayed away from Kickstarter of late because I have far more games than I can actually play currently, backing small indie folks with an ambitious project is, to me, what the Kickstarter concept is all about. If you want to find reasons not to risk your money, that's easy as hell to do. But, really, how much of a risk is $12, the cost of a pizza? (There are still some $12 early birds left. If not, it's only $15.)

I've had a couple Kickstarters fail on me, and it' disappointing. No one likes to waste money, but in the bigger picture it isn't a waste. Kickstarter, in general, has been quite successful at encouraging games for niche tastes like mine. Remember when you couldn't even find an RPG amongst all the FPSs? And I've wasted way more money on AAA games that were complete garbage that I didn't play for more than an hour.

Anyway, good luck, ST. I hope you hit your goal. You've got my $12.

Keep an eye on us, see where we take this and we hope someday that you will get behind us on this project. We are going to work hard to deliver!

Some ppl are less optimistic nowadays with KS, but Im positive about your game.
I hope your KS will be succesfull. But you need more media coverage.
Try to reach out to fellow and more famous dev studios and ask them to mention your project on their FB or Twitter. Brian Fargo mentions other devs pretty often. Maybe it will help you.

the game is a Party-Based cRPG with tactical ground combat. 4 party members max. The playfield is space. You start with a small ship, build your party and gather wealth through exploring space, taking missions, mining asteroid fields, trading goods between systems, landing at planetary mission locations, stations, cave systems and other exploration locations.

Do you plan also some exploration missions? More exploration (in TB mode), some interactivity, less fighting?

Many missions are exploration missions that may have you collecting items, finding log entries, gathering stolen items, destroying objects and clearing infested areas. The game has quite a bit of interactivity, just not show in the combat video. There is a hack-able crate to the right of the last enemy in the combat video, lots of chests, lockers and objects to be interacted with and looted, NPC's that send you on mini-missions within each exploration area and NPC's that can be rescued for faction bonuses.

The game does need more press and I'm working on it.

I agree with Ripper that this game is underfunded, which means it will either be too short or under realized or worse, just never completed. But I love the artwork, and am in love with everything conceptually from genre, to story, to format. Game play mechanics appear solid. This would be a game very high on my wishlist if I felt it would be of decent enough length and had a good enough story.

Back
Top Bottom