Seven - First Gameplay

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here are some first looks on the gameplay of Seven.

and

Thanks Couch.

More information.

I'm still worried about how the PC controls will function, but for now I'll withhold judgement of the game till it gets released. As I have been proven wrong before.

As for the footage it looks good but combat looks to action orientated.:)

I won't withhold judgment: It's too actiony for my taste these days. I can see why the devs suggest it's primarily for a controller. I'm sure they'll love it on the Xbox or whatever.

My impressions can be summed up in three words -- I hate it. This for sure is not a game that has any appeal for me, not going to go into all the reasons, but I can tell this game isn't for me. Graphics, combat, setting, game world, all are huge turn-offs for me. Maybe console players will love it, as the previous comment said, but I surely don't.

As someone who loves action games and plays them on PC with M&K, I don't really understand the action is for console gamers sentiments.

However, this looks absolutely terrible to me. Isometric camera with that kind of gameplay, no thanks.

Parkour the Game. I think Mirror's Edge does this better.

I kinda like the parkour stuff though, but the combat is somewhat of a turn off if you are playing a thief. It's like the stealth aspect haven't been implemented yet or something.

It looks really generic, aside from the environmental navigation. Which, sure, is unique for a game with this camera and play style, but isn't as compelling as I hoped - character animation seems pretty disconnected from the physical world you're moving through. And combat looks downright dull, which is a surprise.

I'm disappointed, because I was primed to follow this based on the first announcement. Given the more recent gameplay vids and the PC control news, however, the game is off my list.

The setting doesn't sound too bad, but Parkour, etc. in an isometric camera view seems a strange choice for that... Well, it's just a first look, let's see where they are going. Dishonored 2 will be out before then, hopefully ;-)

Cell shaded and seemingly focused on action. Was looking forward to this game but cell shaded is a no go for me.

The artwork and atmosphere of the game looks great to me. But one thing that's bugging me. I've only watched about 25% of the first video so far, but seeing as it's real time combat, that camera angle would drive me crazy. I have yet to see the camera zoom in much. But for that game to be playable, for me, the camera needs to be able to zoom in to an angle that's more like 3rd person, at least during combat. So what I need to find out before purchasing this when it comes out, is what you can do with the camera.

Parkour the Game. I think Mirror's Edge does this better.

I kinda like the parkour stuff though, but the combat is somewhat of a turn off if you are playing a thief. It's like the stealth aspect haven't been implemented yet or something.

If you want really great parkour in a game, then Dying Light is the game you want.

if this requires dual joysticks or a controller, nix it. if not, i can handle it. love me some isometrics, and can handle a good, well designed ARPG. Grim Dawn is a pretty special piece of work, Seven looks interesting, but a bit too dual stick controller oriented for my tastes. if the controls aren't a wash, i'm interested.

There's a report from PAX east about the game saying
if there are character stats at all, is unclear.
If this turns out to be true, I'll skip.

The link to this report was included in the Seven Newsletter btw.

Back
Top Bottom