Baldur's Gate: EE - GOG bundles the classic Version

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
GOG bundles the classic versions of Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II and Icewindwind Dale with the enhanced editions. They are not available separately anymore:

[...]

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.

"We're excited to take our commitment and support to Baldur's Gate and GOG fans to the next level and humbled to work with such great partners. The Definitive Edition Bundle will give every Baldur's Gate fan what they're looking for" – concludes Cameron Tofer, Beamdog COO.In the near future, we're also looking forward to full GOG Galaxy support for achievements in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – as well as in the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion.
Thanks Drithius!

More information.

Funny I just started BGII EE an hour ago.

Are you running any mods with it, Celtic? I've been thinking of going another run of BG but haven't seen any mod impressions threads here. They've amassed quite a bit over the years.

Why can't we buy them separately? This seems like another financial move rather than something beneficial to gamers.

I was looking forward to adding mods but I know there was an issue with Ascension which is the one I care most about.

Are you running any mods with it, Celtic? I've been thinking of going another run of BG but haven't seen any mod impressions threads here. They've amassed quite a bit over the years.

No Mods, I don't think I have used a mod except a couple to get Gothic to work on my computer.

Why can't we buy them separately? This seems like another financial move rather than something beneficial to gamers.

I was looking forward to adding mods but I know there was an issue with Ascension which is the one I care most about.

You can buy the separate or as a bundle and save even more. Your choice...

Maybe I'm not sure what your referring to? You can't buy the classic versions separately on gog anymore.

"About: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition includes the classic Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga.
Since its initial release in 1998, Baldur's Gate has entertained millions of fans around the globe and has received countless awards. This classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™

$ 19.99 $
ADD TO CART

DRM-FREE. No activation or online connection required to play.

MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. 30 days coverage after purchase.

OTHER DLC
$ 39.99 $

BALDUR'S GATE: SIEGE OF DRAGONSPEAR - DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION

@CelticFrost

Okay…still don't know what your referring to. Are you saying we can buy just the classic versions at checkout? Or are you referring to the EEs?

@CelticFrost

Okay…still don't know what your referring to. Are you saying we can buy just the classic versions at checkout? Or are you referring to the EEs?
Well just my two cents but it seems you get both the Enhanced edition and the classic version as it's bundled with the new version. I could be wrong though so who knows.
On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately.
Bottom line you just cant purchase the older version on the site anymore.:)

Which is kind of bogus for anyone who doesn't want to support Beamdog. In the end, I guess it doesn't matter, as people who prefer the classic versions have long since had such - whether in retail or digital format - and will continue to ignore any "enhanced" editions.

Which is kind of bogus for anyone who doesn't want to support Beamdog. In the end, I guess it doesn't matter, as people who prefer the classic versions have long since had such - whether in retail or digital format - and will continue to ignore any "enhanced" editions.

You were supporting Beamdog by buying the classic versions, otherwise they wouldn't have bundled them.

Bottom line you just cant purchase the older version on the site anymore.:)

Thanks god I bought all of them on GOG ages ago because there is no way I'd ever buy a phonegame there.

I also picked up my classic edition off GOG a couple of years back, thankfully. I do kind of miss the classic stone-grey GUI and haven't bothered to check if a mod is available for the EE to change it back to this.

Admittedly I didn't do the same with BGII, but then again my cds still work from my boxed edition just fine. :)

Sadly one of my BG CDs got scratched and not working. So... I ditched them. All, not just BG and rebought on GOG when was possible.

But I still don't understand GOG putting a phonegame in the bundle. That phonegame is avaliable in googlestore and playable on PC through android emulator (Bluestacks).

I'm so sorry, Joxer. I couldn't resist. xD

tumblr_o6k9a76GNV1v72dqoo1_1280.jpg

Back
Top Bottom