Copper Dreams - Kickstarter Live

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Copper Dreams kickstarter is now live with a goal of 40K and 29 days to get there.

We're so excited to be back on Kickstarter with our new game, Copper Dreams! It's an isometric, party-based, turn-based, pen-and-paper-inspired game in a dystopian cyberpunk setting. Think an isometric Escape from New York, or Deus Ex.

As an Agent of Asset Inquiries that syndicates hire to gather items, intel and citizens of value, you'll often be put through sensitive situations not to win but to minimize your level of failure and tackle conflicts with clever stealth (or lots of bullets).

Our previous successful Kickstarter, Serpent in the Staglands, featured a no-handholding philosophy, an open world, and challenging puzzles. We got a lot of great feedback and learned a lot from the experience, and have moved forward with a new RPG we think you'll love with even more systems and mechanics to support this gameplay style.

Copper Dreams emphasizes the adventures that happen between quests and narrative events, which can be just as fun, unexpected and dangerous. To enable this, the player will traverse a cyberpunk world while scaling buildings, taking part in turn-based combat between humans, robots and many other types of foes, all while managing their character's health through a detailed system of physical ailments.

Players have many tools to help them succeed in their missions. The player can engage in espionage gathering, modifying and upgrading weapons and disabling or killing enemies by targeting specific body parts. To do this justice we've designed a ruleset from the ground up we call the Burning Candle to work with all these mechanics.
Thanks Kordanor for letting us know!

More information.

I backed it just because those two people in the video are supercute.

Haven't gotten around to playing Serpent in the Staglands yet, partly because the pixelated graphics style and RTwP combat turn me off. They're fixing both those "issues" this time around though, and have already proven they can make a good game, so backed this with zero hesitation.

Backed as well. I recommend to watch the pitch video on youtube though instead of kickstarter. The kickstarter quality is really shabby. ^^

Was also nice from the Wasteland 2 team to instantly make a shoutout on facebook.

Looking forward to the combat system - turn-based with simultaneous realtime execution and a lot of the physics-based aspects of the game such as grenades! Dat bounce

I think those two are my old pothead neighbors who lived in the townhouse next door....

Or maybe this:

I didn't know Sean Penn was a game developer....

Whoever they are, those two are indeed "supercute."

Don't understand why so few available collectors boxes. Sold out so quickly - maybe they will open up more as it progresses? Backed at the digital copy tier for now.

Don't understand why so few available collectors boxes. Sold out so quickly - maybe they will open up more as it progresses? Backed at the digital copy tier for now.

I think they underestimated the demand. I posted on their internal forum about it. I'm sure they'll add a few more :)

get the 75$ than, the physical syndicate book is I think awesome. If I wasn't so poor I would back it at that tier :)

Backed and can't wait to play the Serpent in the Staglands expansion.:excited:
Was also nice from the Wasteland 2 team to instantly make a shoutout on facebook.
It also helped promote the game, and get more backers.:nod:

Admittedly I haven't played much of SiTs; I just find the RTwP combat an exercise in frustration / tedium...

But since Copper Dreams has turn-based combat, not to mention stealth mechanics, a cyberpunk setting, all my other requisites: DRM-free, single-player, PC-focused, and from a proven developer.. I feel I must back it.

Have gotten much more selective about what I back so this will probably be my only KS from 2016 unless Seven Dragon Saga relaunches this year.

Back
Top Bottom