System Shock - Remastered Heads to KS

Aubrielle

Noveliste
The much-anticipated System Shock remaster will be heading to Kickstarter next month; Night Dive Studios hopes to tap crowdfunding to fuel the project.

A much requested remaster of System Shock is currently in development, and based on some early gameplay footage the Unity-powered revamp is coming along very nicely. It's likely we'll have to wait a while to play it though, because Night Dive Studios has announced that it intends to launch a Kickstarter campaign next month.

The studio posted a teaser video on its Facebook page earlier today alongside the announcement, which confirmed the crowdfunding campaign will launch on June 29. Given that it's a remake of a much-loved game, the likelihood of that Kickstarter being a success is very high indeed, but we don't know yet how much the studio is seeking, nor how advanced the development process is.

In addition to looking much more fancy, the remake will stay very true to the original – though the user-interface will receive some much needed spit and polish.
Source.

More information.

I have the enhanced editions of System Shock 1 and 2 but haven't played them yet. I think they are from the same publisher.

Does anybody know what the difference to the above is? Is it just new graphics?

I have the enhanced editions of System Shock 1 and 2 but haven't played them yet. I think they are from the same publisher.

I think they are keeping the level geometry and they have the same artist from the original on it. I did read that they plan to flesh out some undeveloped areas from the original. The music will be different as there will be a lot more of it. I think it will be in the style of science fiction horror but there has been some debate about it style wise.

Wait and see I guess. At least until June 29th.

It is a new engine.

This is is addition to the System Shock 3 already announced elsewhere?

AAAAAAAAA, buy, buybuybuy!!!! Looking good, feels good, sounds good. AAhhhhhh

I'll definitely be backing this as I'm a huge fan of the series.

I have to admit though that I'm a little surprised to see them using Kickstarter for this. Night Dive Studios is an established company that, afaik, shouldn't need to use crowdfunding for development.

Free money is hard to resist, I suppose. Well not entirely free if they bother with much of a campaign and regular updates afterwards (which they may have done anyway).

Back
Top Bottom