Stellar Tactics - Developers Log #1

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
In the Stellar Tactics developers log #1 we get some info about the Dauntless:

DEVELOPERS LOG #1 – Dauntless

The Dauntless is one of four massive ships that carry the remnants of humanity into the far reaches of deep space in search of a new home. You start the game on the Dauntless, woken from your cryo-chambers by an emergency protocol initiated by Dr. Rhamus, a scientist and caretaker. The events that transpire will change the future forever, and challenge you and your team of genetically modified warriors to their fullest!

Hello, and welcome to the first Developers Log. I’ll be updating regularly as progress is made towards the release of the Early Access Build, or “Prologue”. The prologue will be the initial release of Stellar Tactics, giving folks willing to play Early Access over ten hours of story based game play that takes you through the initial events leading up to your arrival in Achmedius, the launching point of your space-faring career. The Prologue will help me by providing further testing on a large number of the core systems that make up the game mechanics for Stellar Tactics.

What I’ve been working on:

• Scripting final narrative content for the prologue
  • Refining space travel mechanics
  • Asteroid mining
  • Speeding up ground combat
  • Coding/optimizing transitions from ground exploration locations to space and back
  • Integrating Steam library requirements
  • Validating load/save data
  • Initializing the “Autonomous Universe AI” (AUAI)
That’s a lot and there is quite a bit more to do before the games is ready. I’ll be working on finalizing features and polishing the existing Prologue content over the next few weeks.

More updates to come…
More information.

Great, I'll get it during EA.

Back
Top Bottom