Shroud of the Avatar - Capital City of Brittany

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couch spotted a walkthrough of Shroud of the Avatar's Capital City of Brittany:

Take a guided tour with Level Designer Esteben Zaldivar, as he walks you through Brittany, the Capital of Novia, in Lord British's epic game, Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues.
More information.

Well....that video was hard to watch with that voice....

A large city like that and they left all those trees standing? Houses built out of wood from where?

Looks not much different then all the other cities.

All t hose large green areas are lots for peoples houses?

That's some seriously awful draw distance there, so many objects just popping into view right in front of your eyes as the guy walks around.

Something I never got... they said that if you want the gameworld in pristine condition, without player housing or anything, you'd have to just "not update" your game. Does this include patches?

The age of real online multiplayer RPGs seems to be over for some time now. Sadly this is already a stillborn as I see it. The expectations they generated during kickstarter (aka Ultima Online 2) are already dead and it looks like a moneygrab like so many other MMOs.
In my opinion they just played on the nice memories some people had.

I love how they recorded the video inside the Unity editor...

Looks alright to me. Obviously it isn't cutting edge graphically but that doesn't matter at all to me. The graphics remind me a bit of Gothic 2.

I like that the city is huge, and if there is some sort of single-player game going on in there, it could be interesting. Just imagine if there were all sorts of NPCs to interact with all over, quests to be found everywhere, a ton of content, etc. I know everyone says this is just going to be some MMORPG but I guess we'll see when it comes out and get to read some reviews and stuff.

Isn't it in Early Access or something? Anyone here played it in single-player mode?

Is there any single player story content yet?

Is there any single player story content yet?

They are supposed to be working on it, but no one has seen it!

I think this is due to the MMO minority (those funding the project through virtual estate) that don't believe that a MMO can have a single player mechanics.

The graphics look fine to me. The game, on the other hand...

Indeed Pongo, I have no issues with the graphics. The game itself, however, is still basically just a giant question mark. I'm not even sure what they're aiming for anymore.

Back
Top Bottom