Bethesda Softworks - Elder Scrolls 6 Confirmed

Aubrielle

Noveliste
One of the most (or least?) surprising announcements from this year's E3 is that Todd Howard has confirmed that an Elder Scrolls 6 is in the works. It's likely to be in the fairly distant future.

Thanks, Couch!

On YouTube's Live at E3 stream, the head of Bethesda Game Studios reconfirmed that Bethesda is working on three new projects, but we now know that Elder Scrolls 6 is one of them, and likely the last:

"[Elder Scrolls 6 is] kind of like the elephant in the room, always, when we talk about anything," Howard explained, "and you know, I think it's good in these moments to tell our fans yes, of course we are [working on it] - it's something we love - but it is... you know, I have to be careful what I say, it's a very long way off.

"I could sit here and explain the game to you, and you would say, 'That sounds like you don't even have the technology. How long is that going to take?' So it is something that's going to take a lot of time, what he have in mind for that game, and we actually have two other large projects we're also doing that are bigger than everything we've done. People will probably hear about those even before Elder Scrolls 6. That'll make sense many years from now.

"We think very long term. We're not a developer that's going to rush something like this out," he continued. "When you think about what is the future of that kind of game, we have a pretty good idea of what that's going to be, and it's just going to take technology and time we don't necessarily have right now."

When asked what the other two projects might be, Howard was cagey, but invoked Fallout 4's notably short time between announcement and release:

"I don't want to say yet, but people should know by now that the gap between hearing about it and it coming out, I like that to be really short. They're all a ways off, and we'll talk about it when we talk about it."

At last night's Bethesda Showcase event, Howard confirmed that an Elder Scrolls 5 remaster, titled Skyrim Special Edition, will be coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC on October 28. The game will be free for PC owners who already own the original game and all its DLC.
More information.

"We think very long term. We're not a developer that's going to rush something …

Oh im sure TES 6 will have one or possibly two dialogue options to choose from. Game still gets 10/10 reviews and it is chosen as RPG of the year.

Just fix the damn shadows so I can play with 891 mods

Good news, I really am hopefull for a return to Daggerfall.
I dont need random dungeons or infinite world. Give us a story and memorable characters.

I want Daggerfall too.

I am now also incredibly geeked that Bethesda is working on Prey again. Its going to be Arkane wirking on it an the trailer is pretty damn cool.

Good news, I really am hopefull for a return to Daggerfall.
I dont need random dungeons or infinite world. Give us a story and memorable characters.

Unfortunately, Bethesda doesn't give us that very often. I'm not very hyped about the game (which will maybe be released in 2018, 2019?), I only hope it's up to the quality of Skyrim, which is pretty ok, if you can ignore the lack of agency the game gives you.

Already been 5 years since the last. Surprising considering Skyrim sold how it did.

I am now also incredibly geeked that Bethesda is working on Prey again. Its going to be Arkane wirking on it an the trailer is pretty damn cool.

Yep, I just saw the announcement a little while ago. It doesn't look like it has any connection to the original game, but it definitely caught my attention.

Here's the announcement trailer for those who haven't seen it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q38yi0NmAm0

Prey looks very nice.

Elder Scrolls 6 some are saying is going to be called ValenWood and they have been working on it since before 2014.

Prey looks very nice.

Elder Scrolls 6 some are saying is going to be called ValenWood and they have been working on it since before 2014.

Yeah…I did find this video earlier…I take it this is the one you're talking about?

I definitely wouldn't rule it out. o.o

The part where he says fans might say they don't have the technology... I'm hoping that means they're getting rid of gambryo and developing with something better.

itll be 5 years since skyrim this november...

longest time between previous entries:
5 yrs 9 mos (daggerfall - morrowind)
5 yrs 8 mos (oblivion - skyrim)

longest gaps in other notable series:
fallout - 5 yrs 1 mos (fo:nv - fo4)
zelda - 7 yrs (alttp - oot)
gta - 5.5 yrs (iv - v)

Is it really nearly five years since Skyrim? Blimey.

fallout - 5 yrs 1 mos (fo:nv - fo4)

It's interesting to see the gaps laid out. In this case though I think Fallout 3 - 4 would be a better comparison because both games were developed by Bethesda - I guess that gap was over six years?

Definitely exited about this! Unfortunately, my (what I thought to be) quite expensive laptop doesn't look powerful enough to run VR well, so I might have to upgrade my PC in preparation. There goes my dreams of owning a second home :'(

Well, let us see if it'll be another 5.8 years wasted or not, hopefully they'll hire some artists, game designers, and story writers this time. Instead of having the radiant AI do all of those jobs.

Back
Top Bottom