Serpent in the Staglands - Review @ RPGCodex

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Deuce Traveler of the RPGCodex has reviewed the insiders' tip RPG Serpent in the Staglands:

Serpent in the Staglands is an indie RPG developed by a husband-and-wife team known as Whalenought Studios and released back in 2015. It's influenced by beloved classics such as Darklands and Baldur's Gate. Before I begin, I want to state up front that I'm quite impressed with what this small team of two was able to accomplish, and I have faith in Whalenought Studios' future endeavors. But the game had some issues that gave me much frustration, and an ending that I disliked for reasons which you might not expect.

[...]

So would I recommend Serpent in the Staglands, despite all of its faults? Yes, especially for the hardcore RPG fans here on the Codex. The issues I raged about in this review bother me because I can see how much better the game could have been, but its lack of handholding, numerous secrets, and hidden side quests make for a deep roleplaying experience with lots of replayability. Every person who plays this game is going to have a different story, with its wide variety of skills, spells, and party compositions. It's a challenging game full of lore and mystery, and those who play it will have much to talk about for years to come.
More information.

Nice review. Enjoyed the game back then, although it could be much better, i agree.

Back
Top Bottom