Steam - Summer Sale is On

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Bad sound mix/editing, other than that, great video.

And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Gaben, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'

I'm going to wait for Rise of the Tomb Raider to be featured, I enjoyed the initial reboot.

I'm going to wait for Rise of the Tomb Raider to be featured, I enjoyed the initial reboot.

I wanted to buy it a couple of months back, but am not sure it's complete. Even asked on Steam forums where someone said there is no official word if postrelease content is over with. I'm not going to buy half game and without Square Enix statement that there won't be another DLC I just won't open my wallet.
If you find out that last DLC was the final one, please let me know.

Well, I guess they have to sell us on the idea with music and stupid videos, because Steam sales are a lot less miraculous than they used to be.

Many games on my wishlist, but none I need immediately. Still too big a back-log. Also the discounts are the same as during the rest of the year.

I will finally go for NEO Scavenger and Mordheim towards the end of the sale.

Rise is also very good, in my view. I think I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed the initial reboot.

I will be purchasing the latest Assassin's Creed now that it is on sale.

Sales aren't amazing…

I bought Bounty Train at 50% off the day before the sale. I figured the discount wouldn't get any higher, as devs and puboishers seem to have much more control over sale prices than they used to. Seems like the days of Steam setting sale prices at whatever the hell it felt like are gone now. Turns out the Steam sale increased the price by 10%.

Sales aren't amazing…
I will wait

That generally means you have enough games but yeah, it hasn't been the same ever since they dropped flash sales.

I will finally go for NEO Scavenger and Mordheim towards the end of the sale.

Couple of solid choices there.

How is Mordheim anyways? It's listed as an RPG first on Steam, but it looks like almost a pure strategy game from the videos I've seen. If there's another game you would compare it to, what would it be?

It is strategy, tactical squad-based, turn-based 3D combat. Think the modern Xcom, with a gunpowder fantasy setting.

The last time I played Mordheim it was pretty good but load times were still bad. It has a campaign but it is mostly strategy in the sense of blackguard. The story (if you want to call it that) is weaker but the combat is better. The leveling of the characters is decent with regards to choices for class and ability but it is closer to being a 'chess' pieces that you pick (with an associated cost) rather than characters with attitude/traits/characterization that you find in an rpg.

Well, I finally picked up Balrum, Stardew Valley, and E.Y.E. I'm hoping one of the former two is good, as I am a bit underwhelmed with 2016 rpgs so far this year, but I guess I'm a bit spoiled after 2014-2015.

Back
Top Bottom