System Shock - Demo Coming With KS

Aubrielle

Noveliste
The new System Shock Remastered will just be called System Shock, according to Polygon. A bunch of new screenshots have been released ahead of next week's Kickstarter campaign, which will apparently feature a demo.

System Shock is still getting remastered, but don't call it System Shock Remastered anymore.

Just ahead of the game's Kickstarter campaign launch, developer Night Dive Studios told Polygon that the upcoming re-imagination of Looking Glass Technologies' 1994 game has a new name now: System Shock.

"We felt that the amount of passion and resources that we are putting into this game elevated it beyond the expectations that someone would have for a remaster," CEO Stephen Kick said. "This is a full-fledged reboot of a classic game into something new."

We've gotten glimpses of the reboot through early alpha footage and screenshots. When the crowdfunding campaign starts at 12 p.m. PT next Tuesday, June 28, nostalgic backers and the genuinely curious alike will have a chance to actually play System Shock themselves. A short demo of the Windows PC version will be made available to anyone through Steam, GOG and Humble the same day that the Kickstarter opens.
Polygon got an early look at that build, as well as the various rewards that will be offered just to those who back the crowdfunding project. Take a look at some screenshots above — we'll also have a full gameplay video up early next week.

We also got a preview of some of the campaign rewards. These include a collector's edition box with a physical copy of the game (launching on both Windows PC and Xbox One), a miniature and a manual, among other items; there's also a Razer-brand laptop with System Shock-centric detailing. There will be other rewards offered on a variety of tiers.
More information.

I'll check this demo ASAP !!!!

Is Kickstarter the appropriate avenue for a remaster? I would gladly support SS3 but a remaster of SS!?
Well it isn't really a remaster, and I don't entirely understand why they were calling it that to begin with. System Shock 1 is so antiquated that I don't even know how you could possibly "remaster" it in some worthwhile way. Now they are calling it a reboot. Which most likely just means a new game with the same storyline/characters/locations. Hopefully mechanics too, but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom