Shroud of the Avatar - Garriott Sells Real Blood

Aubrielle

Noveliste
In what might be his most macabre PR move yet, Richard Garriott is planning to sell a vial of his own blood as part of a "reliquary" for Shroud of the Avatar.

Even though the event has been immortalized on video, the item is indeed on sale on eBay and Eurogamer already wrote an article on this, I still find this difficult to believe. In one of his possibly most eccentric moments, Richard "Lord British" Garriott has had a professional nurse draw some of his blood to be sold on eBay as part of a limited "reliquary" that also includes a plethora of digital items for his upcoming Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues.

The starting bid for this oddity is $5,000, but this initiative might be stopped by eBay, considering that their policy on human body parts is pretty restrictive:

Examples of prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
Native American grave-related items, including skulls and skeletons intended for medical research
Tibetan prayer skulls
organs
bones
blood
waste products
body fluids
sperm
eggs
any of these items included as a gift, prize or giveaway in connection with another item listed on eBay

I wonder if this stunt will bring the spotlight back on Shroud of the Avatar, considering the title seems to have lost the interest of mainstream publications during the long road to the official release.
More information.

Geez official confirmation that one of my heroes has truly lost his mind. Can we have the 80s/90s Garriot back?

Completely nuts.

To think i used to look up to this nut job.

Really gross. Somebody needs to pop that bubble he's in.

The next lot we have up for auction today is Richard Garriott's soul…. Oh wait it would seem he already sold that item a long time ago.

Well I was planning on staying away for much longer than this but when I read this I had to comment.

I have my legs tattooed with Japanese characters, The path of life follows truth, honor, valor, love then death. I had this done in 1992 based off the impact ultima 4 had on me when I was 15-16.

I don't wish these gone by any means, it is just sad that someone that had that sort of impact on me in a good way growing up. I now find very sad and sick even. So glad I didn't back this…..

Yeah, strange stuff. I thought William Shatner putting his kidney stone up for auction was a bit odd, but this one tops it.

I'd probably just end up keeping it for a battle when I really need it then never use it.

I'd probably just end up keeping it for a battle when I really need it then never use it.
Hah! Story of my RPG life. Save the good stuff for a battle that never happens.😁

As for selling blood, he's an artist. Enough said.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

They've just updated their promotion. Now they're doing a buy 3 pints get 1 free deal. Best 15k I've ever spent.

This is a huge bonus. Could theoretically perform blood magic and have him do your bidding, or produce a Garriott clone in the future.

Freak.

The eBay listing has been removed meanwhile.

Hmm. I'm imagining a seance now with my Fellowship medallion, Dragon Edition Ankh, many dishevelled Britannian maps, black candles and slowly spoken virtue mantras...

If this is what is required to get an Ultima VII successor made, then so be it Avatar! :)

Edit:
LB, what was thou thinking?

Ugh!! Puke!! Yeeeeeeeeech!!!

Where do the bones come from?

pibbur who considers blood a carrier of several species of small (furry?) viruses gathered together and eventually grooving in his body.

Last edited:
Disgusting.

The man is really setting a bad example here. IMO blood should be donated, not sold.

That's probably just an advertisement trick. You know how important is that people start to talk about you. It does not really matter if the news good or not-so-good are. If you gain people attention, you'll get some time to fix bad attitude, provided you are smart enough.

Of course it is. The question is how far down you want to go to get some attention. Apparently he's willing to do a lot.

Back
Top Bottom