System Shock - Funded!

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
System Shock has been funded and with 18 days remaining. The latest update thanks the community and goes over Night Dives history with the System Shock license.

The journey started with System Shock 2 and the reception/support I received allowed me to seek out other like minded individuals who would help locate and revive more lost classics like: I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Wizardry, and The 7th Guest series to name a few. As we continued to grow in team size, so did our ambitions. With the release of The Original Strife: Veterans Edition and Noctropolis we were able to restore the games and add additional features. We fixed original bugs, included unfinished games mode, added support for widescreen monitors, and implemented OpenGL to update the visuals. Next was Turok, followed by System Shock: Enhanced Edition and an even greater desire to take our mission to the next level.

We had done everything we could to make the Enhanced Edition more accessible to a modern audience but it reached the point where we began discussing a remake from the ground up. We started with a core team and a simple prototype to see if we could capture the look and feel of the original game.
More information.

Congratulations! - I have high hopes for this game.

I'm surprised there aren't more people talking about this. I ended up pledging for the Cyborg Assassin tier. This is the only crowd-funded project I've backed so far in 2016, and I'm pretty excited about it.

Hmmm I haven't backed this yet and just got to play the demo...lots of atmosphere....I loved these games. Seems very cool, not state of teh art graphics but it doesn't matter.

Hopefully this will lead to more high quality commercial reboot projects in the future, especially for the true RPG classics. I know it's imitating Hollywood to do that, but a number of the older, graphically crude RPGs deserve a higher quality representation.

Hopefully this will lead to more high quality commercial reboot projects in the future, especially for the true RPG classics. I know it's imitating Hollywood to do that, but a number of the older, graphically crude RPGs deserve a higher quality representation.

Betrayal at Krondor next please!

I wonder why they made Razor Chroma support such a priority that they put it in the first stretch goal?

Good news, but I feel like reaching the 1.4 million stretch goal ("true RPG character leveing system") is a must.

Good news, but I feel like reaching the 1.4 million stretch goal ("true RPG character leveing system") is a must.

The proof it won't be a faithful remake so what will be the final product is a mystery. I don't know could be some Mac blindness, I always felt SS was weak in comparison of Marathon from controls to stories, and actions and tricks, everything.

Back
Top Bottom