Eisenwald: Blood of November - Castles

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A new Kickstarter update for Eisenwald: Blood of November about what you can do at castles:

Castle improvements

Today we would like to tell you about a few new features that we will add into Legends of Eisenwald mechanics so this Blood of November will have a better gameplay.

We heard quite a few comments from players that castles in our game are not very functional. This was a concern for us too since only few things could be done in the castles - recruiting new troops, healing them and leaving garrisons. In this new game we decided to increase strategic value of the castles. Probably the most interesting and useful innovation would be a possibility of hiring an additional army for patrolling your lands and protecting them from enemy armies, bandits and all kinds of ragamuffins. Moreover, for gold you will be able to improve your brave soldiers!

Also, in castles you will be able to open a forge and a trade. These buildings will not only bring you additional income but will allow you to buy weapons, armor and equipment right in your castle.

That's about it for today regarding new game features. We are glad to notice that our Kickstarter campaign is moving steadily towards the goal and is already 43% of the way. That makes us very happy and grateful to you all.

Alex and all of us at Aterdux
More information.

Certainly hope the game gets funded. 12.000 is not much, you have an additional fund somewhere?

Certainly hope the game gets funded. 12.000 is not much, you have an additional fund somewhere?

We did already quite a bit of work on this and making a game with reusing the assets is not that expensive. So, only this amount is needed to finish everything according to the plan. Unfortunately, no extra fund but we can pull it off :)

Congratulations Aterdux! Looking at the kickstarter video your team has done a fantastic job!

Congratulations, Alexander. The project looks interesting, although… I have to admit that I prefer story-driven approach.
I hope that the events will be interesting and have serious consequences that change gameplay.

We did already quite a bit of work on this and making a game with reusing the assets is not that expensive.

Now If I put together your castles and your claim about "ecperimental quest system"… does it mean that for example when you enrage some noble by doing a quest that noble will send his army to capture your castle and you will get quest to take your castle back?

Now If I put together your castles and your claim about "ecperimental quest system"… does it mean that for example when you enrage some noble by doing a quest that noble will send his army to capture your castle and you will get quest to take your castle back?
I like story driven too but sandbox like style of gameplay I like since HoMM and Disciples 2 - a strategy aspect will be more prominent here.

I am not sure of the details yet about the whole system since we are working on it this very moment, making quests and testing them. A quest like you describe is unlikely though since it's a bit too simple to my taste and potentially superflous - if your castle is taken, you have to capture it back anyway. No, the quests should be more fun in our opinion :)

A quest like you describe is unlikely though since it's a bit too simple to my taste and potentially superflous - if your castle is taken, you have to capture it back anyway. No, the quests should be more fun in our opinion :)

I agree that you dont need quest to take your castle back. It was just a quick example to ask about reactivity and consequnces. If you can do a quest or finish it by such way that it may put your land and castle in danger, or it may start global event... etc.

Hey Aterdux!

I did read Eisenwald: Blood of November will be free to the owners of Legends of Eisenwald Season Pass. Am I right?

Last edited:
I agree that you dont need quest to take your castle back. It was just a quick example to ask about reactivity and consequnces. If you can do a quest or finish it by such way that it may put your land and castle in danger, or it may start global event… etc.
We are testing a few new things right now and broke our scenario editor :) So I can't look right now into what we have exactly. But yes, something like this would be interesting to do.

Hey Aterdux!
I did read Eisenwald: Blood of November will be free to the owners of Legends of Eisenwald Season Pass. Am I right?
Yes, absolutely!

Back
Top Bottom