Eisenwald: Blood of November - Quest System

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Learn more about the sandbox quest system of Eisenwald: Blood of November in Kickstarter update #6:

Quest system in Blood of November

Legends of Eisenwald featured a heavily story driven gameplay. The main campaign, the Masquerade, Road to Iron Forest - these are all examples of a story driven approach.

In Blood of November we want to try something else. Sandbox gameplay cannot rely too much on the story. Having just a scenario completely without a story though is not very fun either - Cursed Castle is a good example of that.

In Blood of November the map will be filled with things to do sometimes seemingly unrelated to each other. Due to new handling of the quests majority of player's actions will gradually influence the outcome and make subsequent quests either available or unavailable. The influence will not be immediately seen and we believe that only towards the mid or late game a player will understand what road he/she took. Given the fact that there will be some random quests too, the gameplay each time will differ to a certain degree.

An underlying framework story in Blood of November will have a surprise for you, we would love to say more but even a little detail can become a big spoiler, so please have patience until you start playing.

We are already testing this new game and maybe more things will be added or adjusted. We think that this gameplay might be very interesting both to players who are familiar with Legends of Eisenwald and for those who are not.

We reached 67% of funding and still have 4 days to go. Please spread the word, we need more recruits to strenthen our Eisenwald army!

More information.

Seems there a good chance 100% funding is not reached.
Guess either there is no interest enough or bad timing or perhaps bad marketing.

Too bad since this game has nice potential.

Seems there a good chance 100% funding is not reached.
Guess either there is no interest enough or bad timing or perhaps bad marketing.

Too bad since this game has nice potential.

Actually I think it has a very good chance of getting funded. The 48 hr reminders will go out tomorrow so we should be see a big bump funding by Monday.

What I'm wondering is what happened to all of the people who backed the first campaign. 1713 people backed LoE at the $15 or $25 tier (anyone who backed higher than that is already receiving this / any other expansions). I'm sure not every one of those 1713 people liked the game; some probably still haven't played it (backlogs), some were might be irritated that it took a couple years longer than the original estimate… but overall the reviews on Steam and GOG are very positive. Some may not like the idea of a shorter sandbox-style expansion, but still you'd think there would be at least 1000 LoE backers who'd be willing to back the $8 ($7 EB) tier, if nothing else. Yet there's not even 400 total backers yet.

Perhaps many have sworn off KS completely due to disappointments or are leery of backing games from small indie developers-I'm certainly much more selective now- but Aterdux delivered on most of what they promised (a solid medieval low fantasy turn-based strategy RPG with DRM free option) and offered refunds to those wanting a Mac or Linux version when they were unable to do a stable port. I think it is fair to say they have proven to be a highly trustworthy developer.

I'm hoping that a large number of the remaining LoE backers have this on reminder. If a proven indie dev can't raise a "measly" $12K, then Kickstarter is in seriously trouble.

Upped my pledge, really liked the first game. Come on people help this small Dev team! They do good stuff!!

Finally pledged now despite not having played the base game. I'd hate to see them fail. They seem to have a solid product to be good guys overall.

Only 2K needed with 24 hours to go. I hope they make it.

$861 and 23 hours to go.

Surely they'll just top it up themselves, if it comes up short.

It's funded. Grats!

I could even chicken out now. ;)

Thank you, we did it! A large pledge yesterday plus Yancey Strickler (Kickstarter CEO) tweet and support helped quite a bit! I think also 48 hours reminder worked pretty well - new backers plus increasing pledges made it easier.

Back
Top Bottom