Diablo 4 - Wishlist @Gameranx

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gameranx list the things they want from a hypothetical Diablo 4.

Intelligent Stash Management

The stash in Diablo III is an unpleasant holdover from the first game in the series. It's has limited space, a hassle to manage, and discourages players from hoarding too many items. It's been derided as "inventory Tetris" for a reason.

Tabs and multiple containers partially solve the problem, but it's still impossible to automatically sort the inventory or find specific items. The addition of filters and a search function would be a godsend.

Weapons Worth Keeping

Weapons and armor in Diablo III are disposable. Players replace their gear at a constant pace-finding new loot and equipping it is what defines the game's itemization treadmill. But what if there was an incentive to keep your weapons and have them level up with you? This would only come into play in the end-game when you have the most powerful weapons.

The system could be similar to the Urshi-type Greater Rift system recently introduced in an update to Reaper of Souls. Instead of gems, you could also upgrade weapons. Items have always been a core component to the Diablo experience and Diablo 4 should bring that back.

Whatever the case, the system would have to complement existing leveling and progression systems and not introduce any degree of complexity to the casual experience, and it's doubtful that Blizzard has any intentions of turning Diablo into Path of Exile.

The Gift of Giving

For many, trading was an unpleasant aspect of Diablo II that forced the most hard-core players to spend time bartering for the best equipment instead of playing the game. The marketplace became the endgame, and players would have to spend countless hours farming-not for the "best in slot" items they wanted, but for the currency they needed to acquire these items from players who already had them. Diablo III took trading in a different direction, encouraging players to spend real money on upgrades. Just as before, the marketplace felt more important than the game itself.
More information.

Diablo 4 needs to ditch alwaysonline crap.
Without doing it, sorry, I'm not buying a game I won't be able to play in 50 years. While I'll still be able to play D1 and D2.

I doubt Blizzard could ever do a good arpg again. They went just too far in their "logic" i followed all the troubled life of d3 from launch until a year ago and from what i've seen they just can't work on a arpg, few programmers staff changed in the run to make the game decent and -more or less- they just have no idea what to do. I mean basic stuff : itemization, Build variety.
So yeah they wil probably be good arpg in the future (grim dawn is a good example of that) but don't expect them coming out from blizzard.

Diablo 4 needs to ditch alwaysonline crap.
Without doing it, sorry, I'm not buying a game I won't be able to play in 50 years. While I'll still be able to play D1 and D2.

Its why myself and a buddy of mine never touched it.

I would prefer single player be offline (as long as those characters can't be used online) or to have a choice (be forced online for single if you want to use it in mp to reduce cheating).

I put off trying D3 for a long time but got it on sale one day and played thru it once. Had to crank difficulty along the way since it was stupidly easy - but it was kinda fun and worth it on sale.

I guess my #1 thing for D4 would be to see it get developed in under 10 years.

Diablo 4 wishlist - Focus on making it more like Diablo 1 with some elements of Diablo 2. Have unique and individual customization (item variety, build variety, stat upgrade choices, etc.).

I think sometimes game developers in general try too hard to reinvent the wheel and end up regressing in some ways. Diablo 3 is much newer than Diablo 1 & 2 but why do I still like the art style and graphics of the first 2 games way more? Sometimes less is more and you have to keep it simple.

Back
Top Bottom