Stardew Valley - Version 1.1 Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
ConcernedApe announced that Stardew Valley version 1.1 is now available on Steam on his website. The GOG version is not ready yet but coming soon.

Changelog
  • Shane and Emily are now available to marry. They each have new events, music, and more!
  • Spouses now have a unique outdoor area and behavior on the farm.
  • You can now choose from 5 different farm maps at character creation. Each map is focused on a different skill area.
  • Standard Farm - The original Stardew Valley farm.
  • Riverland Farm - Lots of water, good for fishing.
  • Forest Farm - Foraging opportunities and a unique weed that always drops mixed seeds.
  • Hill-top Farm - Has a small mineral deposit from which ores spawn, including a unique geode-bearing ore.
  • Wilderness Farm - Monsters spawn at night.
  • "Shed" building... An empty room that can be decorated, filled with kegs, etc.
  • "Mill" building... Can be used to turn wheat into flour and beets into sugar overnight.
  • A new quest that can be started after the Community Center or JojaMart quest arc is complete. The new quest results in a new "magical construction" feature available from the Wizard's Tower. The new quest is triggered when you enter the Railroad area.
  • Added several new locations that are related to the above quest. "Junimo Hut" building (Magical Construction). Junimos will harvest crops within a certain distance of the hut, instantly transporting the harvest back to the hut for you to gather at your convenience.
  • "Earth Obelisk" building (Magical Construction). A permanent warp totem to the mountains.
  • "Water Obelisk" building (Magical Construction). A permanent warp totem to the beach.
  • "Gold Clock" building (Magical Construction). Prevents weeds from spawning and fences from decaying on your farm.
  • You can now move your buildings via Robin's construction menu.
  • New house upgrade from Robin that adds a cellar to your house and teaches you the "cask" crafting recipe. In the cellar, you can use Casks to age cheese and alcohol, increasing their quality.
  • "Iridium-star" level quality is now attainable for aged goods, fruit, forage items (if you have the botanist perk), and animal products. Iridium-star level items have twice the value of normal items.
  • NPC's now appreciate quality level in gifts, but it only has an effect on gifts they "like" or "love".
  • Added Coffee, a spring/summer crop, and Coffee Bean. The bean acts as the produce and the seed, similar to sunflowers.
More information.

So nice to see how much he keeps supporting his game. For 15 euro/dollars, i'd say that you get a fragton of gameplay.

Yes, he has also been financially independent for quite awhile now, I don't think anyone would blame him if he took a rest. But he really loves the game, I admire this guy.

The 1.07 Hotfix basically solved most of the bugs left (if not all), but releasing new features for free?! So refreshing to see someone that actually cares about his customers, too.

Buying this game at full price was probably the best money invested into a game this year. for me. And i onoy bought a game at full price only when Valkyria Chronicles came out on PC. Otherwise, i wait for the sales.

I love getting into Stardew Valley and chill and have fun. This little game brought back memories of times when games were fun and relaxing. Today everything seems to be about competition, achievements and socializing. Three things that i have little care for. So Stardew was a really welcomed change of pace for me.

I love getting into Stardew Valley and chill and have fun. This little game brought back memories of times when games were fun and relaxing. Today everything seems to be about competition, achievements and socializing. Three things that i have little care for. So Stardew was a really welcomed change of pace for me.

SV is about competition and achievements. The game content is thoroughly bottlenecked and accessible only after achieving milestones.

So the issue is that for SV, the competition and achievements facet is dismissed. It could be done for other titles, it is obviously not done.

Also a totally disconnected observation: in the past, one measure of the gameplay quality was how engaging a game could be. The symptom of the kid glued to the screen

This has deeply changed these days as the demand in video products has changed. Video products are increasingly less and less engaging as the player needs not to be absorbed by the video product as he might do something else like hosting a show etc

SV is relaxing because of the same trick as MMOs: it offers a secure environment that does not break the relationship between effort and reward. Grind that much and get that much (another big difference between today and yesterday)
Low skill grinders are usually relaxing.

SV is about competition and achievements. The game content is thoroughly bottlenecked and accessible only after achieving milestones.

So the issue is that for SV, the competition and achievements facet is dismissed. It could be done for other titles, it is obviously not done.

Also a totally disconnected observation: in the past, one measure of the gameplay quality was how engaging a game could be. The symptom of the kid glued to the screen

This has deeply changed these days as the demand in video products has changed. Video products are increasingly less and less engaging as the player needs not to be absorbed by the video product as he might do something else like hosting a show etc

SV is relaxing because of the same trick as MMOs: it offers a secure environment that does not break the relationship between effort and reward. Grind that much and get that much (another big difference between today and yesterday)
Low skill grinders are usually relaxing.

This s exactly what we needed, thanks for telling us we are wrong to like the game.

I play a wide range of genres. From RPG's (action, jrpg, crpg and so on) to sports. From point and click adventure to action adventure. From city builders to plane/tanks/sub simulators.

Point is: if a game manages to suck me in, props to the devs. But: i won't engage in MP oriented games (like COD, BF, MMO'S) or anything that asks me to post stats on FB/twitter/whatever social networks are out there….

The online gaming is too toxic for my own tastes. So i stay away of it. I prefer good stories, nice atmosphere, good music (strange, but most good RPG's deliver in that area) and a decent gameplay.

P.S.: obviously, i am biased, as i was a big fan of the Harvest Moon series.

I know this because I purchased two copies of this game, one for me; one for my wife. I liked it well enough and tinkered with it for a dozen hours or so. She's still playing it to this day and I was greeted to excited cries of, "Stardew Valley's update is out today!" just a few moments ago.

This game definitely has rabid fans, another one I'm really happy to see the developer supporting as much as he had. (Not to mention that I'm happy for his amazing success with this game.)

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
I bought one copy and "advertised" this game to all my friends.
In my case it's 100+ hours gone, the bad thing is I don't regret it a single bit. Unlike wasting my time on overhyped garbage where in the end I asked myself am I normal.

But I've said in another thread.
Stardew Valley needs no updates. It's poor man's Sims 3+WA (I don't mean this in negative way!) where it shows you don't need billions to make an addictive game nor you need scamware DLC to make it profitable.
We, Stardew Valley audience, need it's sequel. Bigger, more complex, perhaps even family oriented with shuffling NPCs as lead, with vehicles and other whatnot possibilities. Unlike the first game, this sequel cannot be made by a single person because it'd take decades. Here's hope some big name will recognize the love this game's developer had for his pet project and will invest some significant amount into that love.

Here's hope some big name will recognize the love this game's developer had for his pet project and will invest some significant amount into that love.

Oh, they will. I heard Ubisoft is interested.;)

Oh, they will. I heard Ubisoft is interested.;)

Rofl…No…I'd rather have someone like Nordic or other smaller company. No behemots involved.

P.S.: again my thanks to joxer for his surprise. And i am glad that he liked Stardew Valley:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom