Kim - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The open world RPG Kim has been released today:

Kim is an open world RPG set in colonial India. Play as Rudyard Kipling's ragamuffin hero, Kim, and roam hand-painted towns and procedurally generated countryside. Learn to survive by fair means or foul, meet characters from history and literature, travel to exotic lands and discover their secrets. Your aim is to live Kim's youth as best you can, it will not last forever but if at first you don't succeed, you may retell this classic adventure as often as you wish.

Features

• History: 1880s India brought to life in an ever-changing open world
  • Literature: Rudyard Kipling’s dialogue in ‘choose your own adventure’ conversations
  • Survival: Manage Kim's health and happiness by collecting food and items
  • Action: Simple but satisfying stealth and combat in pause-able real time
  • Music: Original soundtrack from acclaimed composer Murugan Thiruchelvam
More information.

I'm actually super-excited about this, and the reviews on Steam are excellent so far. Has anyone played it?
I have. The writing is the highlight for me, and the characters and events are entertaining, so the game doesn't have to rely on the stealing and scavenging mechanics, and you can go and do quests all over the place.

Kim with a rocket launcher

I'd be sure to play this if Kim can get a rocket launcher or plasma rifle. Otherwise, not so much.

Plasma rifles surely match well with 1880's India.

A little known fact is that India invented plasma rifles but then the British destroyed the prototypes, along with the plans in early 1880.

Looks like it could be good. It's really nice to see a RPG set in somewhere other than a fantasy or sci-fi setting. My only concern is that the top down view doesn't really seem to capture the vibe of India - at least based on my experiences with the time I've spent in India.

So India, but totally not India because it is procedurally generated. I guess I don't get it. I'm pretty much fantasy, so that's why I'm replaying Fallout 4 instead :) Boston, but not Boston because of alternate reality!

I'll get this when it hits $5...maybe

Back
Top Bottom