Matt Chat - Don Wilkins' on Wizardry Gold, Sierra

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Matt Chat interviews Don Wilkins' of Stellar Tactics fame about his work on Wizardry Gold and other stuff.

Don Wilkins, developer of Stellar Tactics, is back with more game dev lore. We chat about Wizardry Gold, Aquaman, wearing the producer's hat, a mysterious Asian-themed Diablo clone, and much, much more.
More information.

Thanks for posting. That was a really interesting Matt Chat. Liked the parts on Wizardry and Arcanum. Plus, I always like to watch his face when he drinks something at the end. You could tell this one surprised him.

Thanks for posting. That was a really interesting Matt Chat. Liked the parts on Wizardry and Arcanum. Plus, I always like to watch his face when he drinks something at the end. You could tell this one surprised him.

I see how it is, Hastar. You enjoy seeing me in torment!!! :p

Yes, my quest for the great pumpkin ale continues. Though I must say my all-time fave, Pumking, will be hard (impossible?) to beat. I highly recommend it if you ever come across it.

Have you ever interviewed Jon Van Caneghem? I would love to hear his old stories on making Might and Magic and Heroes. Keep up the great work. My wife loves your viking horn.

I'd love to watch that interview with Jon. The one made by Ubisoft last year (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQeOhV5ZTIY) was too formal and looked like either they agreed on the questions or he was just answering the most diplomatic way he could. I'd love to see a more relaxed interview where he can open and disclose the details about the development of the old games.

I do have plans to interview him, hopefully later this month. I've been trying to get him on for years, so maybe this time we'll get lucky.

M

Nice to have Matt on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom