Tyranny

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
In Tyranny, the grand war between good and evil is over – and the forces of evil, led by Kyros the Overlord, have won. The Overlord’s merciless armies dominate the face of the world, and its denizens must find their new roles within the war-torn realm. Players interact with the population of the populace to inspire loyalty, disgust, or fear as they roam the world as an officer in Kyros’ forces, empowered to act as both judge and executioner.

Features:

• A branching narrative with a unique story in an original setting: The Battle between good and evil has already taken place, and evil stands victorious.
  • Choices matter - a different player experience every time you play it - As an Officer in the Overlord’s army you wield a vast amount of power in the occupied lands of the Tiers. Will you use that power to inspire stability and loyalty, or will you be a feared oppressor?
  • Challenging, classic RPG combat with modern mechanics and presentation
  • A rich original setting - a completely new and original fantasy world with rich lore and many paths to follow
More information.

Extremely fun game.

If you liked Pillars of Eternity you'll probably love Tyranny.

Both games are *extremely* good to get cancer from bad writing + feminism combo

What if we already have cancer? One more metastasis won't hurt, right? :p

Oh wait till you played POTD.. enemies get huuge life pools which makes the already sadomazo combat truly spirit-crushing .. i wish there was some other challenge

I think there is a consensus on this one - they had some great ideas, the concept is engaging but the writing and combat system make it a rather dull experience.

Playing PoE right now, but the writing is....bland. And the combat system makes me hating it. I like the lore, there was a lot of potential in there, but it wasn't properly used. On the bright side, no friggin' romances. The stronghold stuff could have been much better. Mixed feelings on the game.

Not sure if i will pick up Tyranny if that is the level of quality that i can expect from it. The idea seemed nice, but people are telling me that is a kind of hit and miss affair...:(

Back
Top Bottom