King's Bounty - Gaming History

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@GamingGHD they look back at Kings Bounty: The Legend, calling it the best comeback in gaming history.

26 years ago, King's Bounty didn't really make a big splash in the industry. But it resonated enough with the right players to lead to the definition and the refinement of an entire genre. And 18 years later it lead to a fantastic game.

Buy King's Bounty The Legend on GOG
http://bit.ly/2fTj5zV
More information.

I would really like to see a king's bounty 2. Would most likely buy it in an instant.
Not an medicore expansion of sorts.

I would really like to see a king's bounty 2. Would most likely buy it in an instant.

Biggest negative about the expansions is that they were obviously rushed through the QA as they went on. I'd also like an proper second game but everyone gives the expansions hard time because they're just more of the same. Well, yeah.

I have played them all though I haven't finished KB Dark Side yet, so obviously I enjoy them as they are mostly just more of the same. I like the tun based HOMM style combat without having to worry about the base building aspects.

I hope they will release a next game. The soundtracks were great. Masterpiece

My old story was paying the C$40 for the original 25 years ago and being angry that it was too short. That kind of money was not easy for me to come by in those days.

So I was so happy when Heroes of Might and Magic came out.

Of course, the Russian developers of the new King's Bounty didn't originally call it that, they got sued for "stealing" HoMM. Buying the name for KB was a much cheaper solution. They never counter-sued AFAIK.
ikbenrichard said:

So would I. I loved the fact that the sequels/expansions were more of the same but even that got tired around the third time.

I like the KB games, but the sequels are almost the same thing as 1, same spells, very similar units, gameplay almost exactly the same. Now I'm not asking for them to dramatically change the system, but at least the units and spells should change a bit. HoMM for example, every iteration has different units, even for the same factions, and even the units that repeat have different abilities. That's what I'd like to see in KB.
Also 3 and 4 were too long for my taste, like remove an island in each game and it'd be perfect.

Last edited:
I thought KB: The Legend was excellent. I enjoyed Armored Princess as well, but the formula was already getting a little stale by the end of that game. I purchased Warriors of the North, but couldn't bring myself to play it.

I have played them all though I haven't finished KB Dark Side yet, so obviously I enjoy them as they are mostly just more of the same. I like the tun based HOMM style combat without having to worry about the base building aspects.

Dark Side was kinda convoluted and poorly play tested. I didn't finish it either, but I love these games.

Some of my all time fave games, I have sunk thousands of hours into the King's Bounties. :) I too would love a proper sequel, with more playtest time, and then patches preferably. (something which became somewhat shoddy by the latter games)

Daniel.

I thought KB: The Legend was excellent. I enjoyed Armored Princess as well, but the formula was already getting a little stale by the end of that game. I purchased Warriors of the North, but couldn't bring myself to play it.

I am pretty sure I launched WotN and bought Dark Side ... but otherwise pretty much same.

Kings Bounty Legend and Armored Princess and the newest one was amazing! This series is the best in the genre.

Back
Top Bottom