Forged of Blood - Year in Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The devs of Forged of Blood take a look back at their development year 2016:

2016, Development Year in Review

As the year draws to an end, I thought it would be appropriate for me to look back at what the studio has accomplished this year.

When we started the journey around mid February of this year, we had yet to form the full studio team. While we had a vision of the type of game we wanted to make (that is a fantasy turn-based tactial RPG), we didn’t quite have concrete plans or the game design ready yet. A lot of early work went into developing the game design and prototyping the tactical combat layer that would eventually help shape the vision as we moved forward.

This year, we placed a lot of emphasis on developing the tactical combat layer as that would be the heart and soul of our game. – with the strategic conquest and narrative layers existing to support this tactical combat layer.

Here’s a brief look at the progress we’ve made so far this year on the Tactical Combat Layer:

Even with the weight of the studio thrown into developing the combat layer, we haven’t lost sight of the bigger picture. For the narrative layer, we completed the worldbuilding (interesting sidenote: Merriam-Webster’s dictionary is currently looking at “worldbuilding” to be potentialy added in; Igor is pretty excited about it – enough to put this annotation in) with 5000 years of world history written up. We also have the bare bones skeleton story nodes completed and ready to be fleshed out going into 2017. For the strategic conquest layer, we had most of the conquest features done along with the basic design and UI pass waiting on full implementation and integration.

Here’s our Strategic Conquest Layer progress video for 2016:

[...]
More information.

I just skimmed through that but it has a nice rustic UI thing going

Looking good so far.

My only concern is how excited and positive mercy seems to be. It's not something I'm used to in games I follow. :p

Back
Top Bottom