Two Worlds III - Interview @ Loutrage

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Loutrage has interviewed Dirk P. Hassinger, a member of the Relity Pump team, about the next DLCs of Two Worlds II, Two Worlds III, Sacrilegium and Raven's Cry:

Interview Dirk P. Hassinger – Reality Pump

Hi ! It’s been a while since we heard something about the Two Worlds Franchise ! Why did you come back with three add-ons instead of directly release Two Worlds III ?
During the concept development of Two Worlds III, the most team members have no tasks. It makes best sense to employ them with DLCs for Two Worlds II while another part of the team creates the concept for Two Worlds III. This also gives us the possibility to try out some ideas and features we have for the next full game and we can train some new people on the job.

Call of The Tenebrae seems to had a pretty long development and suffered from many reports, is the add-on more ambitious than it was planned ?
Yes. It was planned as a 3 month development, but it came out that it will bigger as planned and we needed to solve some technical issues. After 10 months we still do not have a save release date yet. On the other hand we have no obligation against a publisher to push it out.

It may be too soon to ask but, what will be the length of the add-on ?
This is – like always with an RPG – difficult to answer. Depending on the players way to play it, it should take between 6 and 20 hours to explore it. Maybe a bit more.

[...]

In March 2016, we learned that Two Worlds III was in pre-conception, is the project going well or is the priority on the adding for Two Worlds II ?
Pre-conception means work on story, features, sketches – this is going well, but needs time. As said, people working on a game concept are mostly not the same as the people working on DLCs. So the priority is eqal for both.

[...]

Can we expect new updates for Vendetta: Curse of the Raven’s Cry, and if possible, do you think about releasing the game on consoles ?
yes. After we bought back all rights, we are now able to do something. After we finished Call Of The Tenebrae we will keep an eye on it.

Is Sacrilegium still in project ?
Actually, Sacrilegium is on ice. But it is a great concept and maybe one day… we will continue it.

[...]
More information.

Loved the first two games. Played 'em on console a long time ago. Decent combat, tons of items and lots of baddies to fight. It also had a lot of crafting. I picked tw2 up on steam for like $4 or something during the winter sale, so if you want to try it pick it up during the next sale and youve got nothing to loose.
Only complaint was that it was a little too easy.
I think most peoples complaints would be story and voice acting... its all pretty bad. If you dont care much for that kind of stuff the game is worth a try.
Theres also a overhaul for tw2 that fixes tons of crap with the game and adds tons of stuff, like including the mp maps in the main game. (Trying it out is the reason i bought it from steam)

Liked TW1 although alot of it was alot more comical than intended. Part 2 was a huge improvement, with a great spell crafting system and decent combat, and without all the bugs that plagued the first one. I'll support these devs again I reckon.

What a bizarre approach for development. As for TW it was closer to mediocre than good, but had that "European jank" that's as bad as is charming, and somehow made the game more memorable.
Spell crafting and armor design stood out the most.
They definitely need a big engine upgrade, especially with animations, if they want to bounce back. Combat had that Gothic paper swords feel to it.

Picked up TW2 and quit not long after. For me, no backpedalling/strafing was a deal-breaker for that kind of game. Played more hack-and-slash-y for melee combat, which I didn't expect. Magic is supposedly where the game shines but I usually only go magic after I'm done with my preferred melee class so that's where our relationship ended.

What a bizarre approach for development.
Just as bizarre as the history of these guys companies like TopWare, Reality Pump, Zuxxez. Shady business, tax fraud, this kind of stuff. I remain sceptical with all of their products.

Picked up TW2 and quit not long after. For me, no backpedalling/strafing was a deal-breaker for that kind of game. Played more hack-and-slash-y for melee combat, which I didn't expect. Magic is supposedly where the game shines but I usually only go magic after I'm done with my preferred melee class so that's where our relationship ended.

Huh, I played a magic user and it was a blast. Was actually considering a replay with a melee character but...maybe not? 😉

Huh, I played a magic user and it was a blast. Was actually considering a replay with a melee character but…maybe not? 😉

Don't let my preference deter you. I just like my 3rd person melee games to give me more control in combat (which means weaving in and out, controlling combat geometry, etc which in turn means strafing/backpedaling). I'm not saying it's a bad game at all, just not my cup of tea.

I don't think it is that bizzare; basically if they are just now working out the design of TW III; releasing a few DLC at the end of the year might serve as advertisement for TW III which will take several more years to release.

I have Two Worlds games (received them for free as part of Raven's Cry preorder bonus), but I never bothered to install them after reading what are you against in there.
Some here say these are fantastic games, sorry guys but those contain something I get bored with fast and honestly I have better things to do than repeating same old banging against a wall all day long.

If planned Two Worlds 3 will include endless trashmob respawns once again, count me out.

If planned Two Worlds 3 will include endless trashmob respawns once again, count me out.

Well, in this case I have good news for you. According to some publishing info, there are no respawns mentioned so it seems there will be none.
Only small detail - Two Worlds 3 should take place in big woods and there are mentioned some enemies like regular bears, big bears, giant bears and special boss - bear shaman who is able to summon bears everywhere. Just saying… :biggrin:

The two worlds are funny games. They have some great mechanics for the type of games they are. The magic system in both games was awesome. The lockpicking system in two worlds 2 is one of the best I've seen. The voice acting was terrible, as was the writing in general. Two world 2 at least had some funny quests and was an improvement as far a writing goes, but the respawns were absolutely horrible. Two Worlds one was poorly balanced. It was easy to outlevel all the enemies and the whole endgame wasn't much of a challenge for me.

Every game should have respawning bears. What is life without bears; well witcher 3 has more wolve than bears but it has respawning bears to join those wolves.

Well, in this case I have good news for you. According to some publishing info, there are no respawns mentioned so it seems there will be none.
Only small detail - Two Worlds 3 should take place in big woods and there are mentioned some enemies like regular bears, big bears, giant bears and special boss - bear shaman who is able to summon bears everywhere. Just saying… :biggrin:

So it won't be unkillable DA3 bears? Goody!

Shaman spammer is always okay with me. Kill shaman = no more trashmobs. Superb design where by beheading a "leader" you solve also his followers, being they don't spawn any more or they "escape" the area for good. Unless of course these shamans respawn endlessly.

I loved Two Worlds II, but I'm a mage/bow type too, not a melee fighter. I basically loved how you could craft weapons and armor in the game and I enjoyed most of the skills. The story was beyond forgettable though. I enjoyed the mild romance-type encounters. The game worked for me. I think I had to find a no respawn mod for it, but I'm not positive. Been a couple years since I played.

Back
Top Bottom