Shroud of the Avatar - Conversation & Lock System

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Portalariums latest newsletter explains the changes to the conversation window and lock system for Shroud of the Avatar.

New NPC Conversation Window

In Release 38, we are updating the conversation window used for interacting with NPCs to make it both more immersive and easier to use. For immersion, we are hiding almost all of the other interface elements, including all other chat and the hotbar. We are also placing the chat in the very middle of the screen where you are looking at the NPC in order to keep you focused on the interaction. We have also tried to keep the interface itself to as minimal as possible with very few borders and as much transparency in the elements as we can.

For ease of use, we are placing all the keywords in a toolbar at the bottom of the window. This toolbar will include every keyword you can use with the NPC including keywords relating to quests you are currently on and keywords learned from past conversations with that NPC. This saves you from having to scroll back to find keywords you might not remember. There will also be some hidden keywords to discover though, so exploration will still be rewarded. Above you can see the work in progress as of today.
[...]

Important Update to Keys and Locks in Release 38

[A Dev+ Forum Post by Keith "Sannio" Quinn]locked-cage

As you adventure throughout Novia and the Hidden Vale, you'll find that many keys now have a chance to break on each use.

Keys may have a good chance to break (such as the keys for the locked passages that interconnect underground scenes and the cages found in wilderness scenes throughout Novia), while others break about half the time (such as the key for the Kiln Cistern Alchemist's Workshop), and some will never break (such as special keys required for quests).

When a key breaks, a message will appear in your chat window telling you so: "Your key () broke during use."

If you use a lock for which you have several of the same key, only one key will break. (In other words, not all keys of that type will break, only one at a time.)

If there is ever a situation where more than one key type can be used to open a lock, the system will use a key that never breaks when one is available, otherwise it will use a key that has the greatest chance to break. (Note that we don't have this situation in the game yet, but an example would be "Prison Cell A" opened by either "Key for Prison Cell A" or "Warden's Key.")

More information.

This game isn't out yet!?

Oh look... Wikipedia says it's expected in the year 2017.

That new NPC window is complete junk.

Lol... completely forgot about this game... remembering back to when I backed it... seems so long ago....

I'm ignoring this MMO until they add the promised single-player…
If they don't, my boxed CE will go on eBay.

I would get that add ready...they don't push single player at all anymore.

That new NPC window is complete junk.
Indeed. That looks like a rough proof of concept. That's an insult to "immersive".

As a special bonus, we are offering Telethon Funding Stretch Goal Rewards to any backer that pledges a minimum of $5 from the start of the telethon, until Midnight (Spending Store Credit to make $5 minimum purchase does not apply). The Spring Telethon of the Avatar 2017 Funding Stretch Goal Rewards are:

$10,000: /flowerleap emote (leap into the air and throw flowers)
$25,000: Butterfly Mask
$35,000: Stained Glass Hand Lantern
$50,000: Floral Pattern Stained Glass Oil Table Lamp (3 Pack)
$65,000: White Flowered Topiary Creature Statues (3 Pack)
and more to be revealed if we hit these goals…

lol. People really pay for stuff like that?

Cheer on the Devs!

StarrDancingFor every $2,500 donated, all developers on camera have to either dance, sing, or drink a shot of alcohol.

I don't know what to say anymore. :biggrin:

How much do I have to donate for them to stick their head up their ass on camera :)? Because that is the only way I will donate.

How much do I have to donate for them to stick their head up their ass on camera :)? Because that is the only way I will donate.

We'd have to enquire as to the going rate at a website that specializes in these things.

I quit caring about this game once I found out eBay wouldn't let us buy his blood. I cried for weeks.

They officially deserve the "Grimoire" title for vaporware.

They make Grimoire's creator feel like he is not "that bad after all". :)

Back
Top Bottom