Dungeons Of Aledorn - Eye Candy

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The devs of Dungeons Of Aledorn show some new screenshots in Kickstarter update #26:

Plenty of eye candy

Greetings to all RPG lovers and fans of Dungeons of Aledorn. After a longer pause, we gathered enough material to release a new update. Although it’s far from finished, the project is still ongoing and right now we are aiming for a beta in the summer 2017. The beta should contain all core game mechanics and the main storyline including quests, equipment and battles. Please be patient as it is our first really big project and that is why our promised time schedule is more a guess than anything else.

Back to the content of this update. We have finished a new location called “Voland”, the second largest city in the game located on an archipelago, specifically on The Sandemar’s Island. You can look at some awesome screenshots below. We also added short videos - the first one shows a cycle of day and night in the game, the other is introducing one of many dungeons.

[...]

The day and night cycle graphics demonstrated on Condra, the pirate hideout shown in the previous updates. Condra only needs to be populated with NPCs and treasures to become our first fully completed location. However, this final step requires a specific location editor which should be finished until February.

[...]

More information.

I still haven't seen any humans or signs of dialog. Since these guys lost their one English speaking guy, I'm real curious as to whether this will ever see the light of day. I read they were focused on the polack version of the game since 1% of their backer audience speaks it.

IIRC I've put that game on ignorelist because "day and night cycle", but not sure if there was something else also that turned me off.

About spoken languages I don't care as long as the game has subtitles. Properly made subtitles:
- not disabled by default so I have to rewatch the intro just because
- not more than 50 character per line, nor more than two lines displayed
- not with microscopic font size
- not glued to the bottom of the monitor just to distract player from the rest of the screen
- not plain white as in '70s cinema movies where they overlap with bright backgrounds

Wait… I'm again talking about subtitles in turd ports from consoles. Ah well… I can understand why are people irritated with me. The cure? Write to Sony and Microsoft so I lose material to spam about.

- not disabled by default so I have to rewatch the intro just because
(…)

Oh boy, how I hate this. Wholeheartdly!!!

The only reason I pay any attention to it at all is that I promised Fluent a copy if it ever sees the light of day. I'm not sure these guys have the money or talent to complete this game. I certainly don't see if happening before 2020.

Back
Top Bottom