Spellforce 3 - Delayed to Q3 2017

First Elex, now Spellforce 3 have been delayed to Q3 by THQ Nordic. Both were titles I am really looking forward to playing this year.

I really enjoyed Spellforce 2 Shadow Wars, but the 3 standalone expansions in the series just got repetitive. I really hope that Spellforce 3 brings something new to the table. There really aren't a lot of fantasy RTS games other than Warcraft, Warhammer, and Battle for Middle Earth.

I would like to see something new also but this topdown view just reminds me of Stronghold which I am not too fond of.

Well I'll repeat myself and say I have many worries about this game. The first one is about the games developer, and the second reason is because of the constant delays.
I would like to see something new also but this topdown view just reminds me of Stronghold which I am not too fond of.
Me to as I never liked the stronghold games and the topdown view used.

Last edited:

In Spellforce 2, the view depended on your zoom level. Fully zoomed out was similar to the top down shown in the PVP battle, but zoomed in was more of a third person perspective.

First Elex, now Spellforce 3 have been delayed to Q3 by THQ Nordic. Both were titles I am really looking forward to playing this year.

I really enjoyed Spellforce 2 Shadow Wars, but the 3 standalone expansions in the series just got repetitive. I really hope that Spellforce 3 brings something new to the table. There really aren't a lot of fantasy RTS games other than Warcraft, Warhammer, and Battle for Middle Earth.

Have you tried Warlords Battlecry series? It's old and 2D and I don't know how well it plays on modern systems, but when I played it 10 or so years ago it was really good.

Have you tried Warlords Battlecry series? It's old and 2D and I don't know how well it plays on modern systems, but when I played it 10 or so years ago it was really good.

I picked up Warlords Battlecry 3 on a GOG sale, just haven't got around to playing it. Thanks for the reminder. I also still need to finish Spellforce 2 Demons of the Past, the only one I have not finished.

Last edited:
Hehe, I remember playing this RTS/RPG hybrid back in the day. It has had a mixed reception, mainly due to the impact of better, concurrent titles. But I know some people who'll still swear by it. Personally, I've no idea as to how this franchise managed to survive this long, working off such a limited fan-base. Sacrifice (2000) always was more akin to my preferred type of hybrid.

Back
Top Bottom