Mount & Blade II - New Screenshots

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PCGamer has showcased some new exclusive screenshots of Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord.

TaleWorlds' Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord may still be without a concrete launch date, but the next issue of PC Gamer magazine goes in deep with the most ambitious open-world RPG since Skyrim.

Due on sale tomorrow, issue #303 (the US edition's issue #291 is on sale later this month) boasts world-exclusive access to the much anticipated Warband prequel, and today we've got a smattering of impressive, as yet unseen screens which showcase the medieval role-player in action.
More information.

Looks good, I'm really looking forward to this. I played the original alot, first vanilla and then modded and then Warband and then Warband modded…probably hundreds of hours of all in all.

If they manage to incorporate some interesting questlines even better. But what I would REALLY want is a game like M&B set in a Fantasy world. I usually prefer other settings to Fantasy, but "realistic" is not one of them. And the combat system would work perfect with a Fantasy setting, probably not quite so good in a Sci-Fi one...

Those are some good looking screen shots. Seeing that magazine cover kinda made me long for the 1990's again, when I would get PC Gamer and Computer Gaming World every month.

I wish they stop teasing us with these pictures and early work, and just announce that the game will be out in a couple of weeks or so.

Exceedingly hard to verify prediction:

Every game in the top 5 list for this year would have been RPG of the year last year if it had shown up in 2016. Maybe even the top 10 if we don't get a lot of delays.

Soon to be released in 2021 and patched up to playable by 2025

People should be forbidden to post news about this.
Every time I read M&B II in a news article, I get my hopes up. Just to be assured that it will likely be years, still.

People should be forbidden to post news about this.
Every time I read M&B II in a news article, I get my hopes up. Just to be assured that it will likely be years, still.

All true. Oh well, it's not like there aren't other games to play in the meantime...

Gawd I wish there was a single-player RPG with M&B's combat. Only first-person perspective game I've liked in the last ten years.

Gawd I wish there was a single-player RPG with M&B's combat. Only first-person perspective game I've liked in the last ten years.

Lots of mods that add story and quests. Tried prophecy of pendor?

Exceedingly hard to verify prediction:

Every game in the top 5 list for this year would have been RPG of the year last year if it had shown up in 2016. Maybe even the top 10 if we don't get a lot of delays.
I don't know about your list but mine is: Copper Dreams, No Truce with the Furies, Expeditions: Vikings, DOS2.

Wasn't there a story mode announced?

I don't know about your list but mine is: Copper Dreams, No Truce with the Furies, Expeditions: Vikings, DOS2.

T:ToN, D:OS2, Battletech. Other than those three I have high hopes for several more including NtwtF, but those three are the only ones I will be seriously depressed if I don't enjoy.

Have the developers of M&B2 ever made an estimate on when they will actually have a finished game?

T:ToN, D:OS2, Battletech. Other than those three I have high hopes for several more including NtwtF, but those three are the only ones I will be seriously depressed if I don't enjoy.

Have the developers of M&B2 ever made an estimate on when they will actually have a finished game?
Battletech is as much RPG as is Xcom 2.

Battletech is as much RPG as is Xcom 2.

True, missed the RPG part. Alright, just Torment and D:OS2 then.

NtwtF feels to ambitious for me to believe it'll be released in the foreseeable future, let alone this year. If it lives up to the developers intentions and the hype brewing at the Codex it will be pretty damn awesome though.

Looking really nice. The lighting is surprisingly good. Can anyone confirm if there is a single player campaign planned?

Wasn't there a story mode announced?

Yeah, lots of games "announce story mode". With combat/sandbox-focused games, it has never amounted to much.

Yeah, most likely you're right. For me it seems to be the wiser choice to focus on games where story/plot initially has a higher priority.

Screenshots are nice. But if towns are just there for eye candy, I won't bother.

Screenshots are nice. But if towns are just there for eye candy, I won't bother.

Towns in M&B weren't there for eye candy, they were important. That's where you recruited your rookies for your army, you did trading, you could own businesses, you could do random quests, look for companions, etc. So I doubt they'll lose importance in M&B2.

Back
Top Bottom