Forged of Blood - Now on Kickstarter

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Forged of Blood is on Kickstarter seeking 150K with 56 days still to go and has made a solid start. The game is trying to get on Steam through greenlight so vote here if so inclined.

Forged of Blood is a fantasy turn-based tactical RPG that focuses on creating a deep tactical gameplay experience centered around meaningful choice in a morally ambiguous world. With this game, we are merging a deep turn-based tactical game with an elaborate RPG experience that takes players on a journey to reclaim a lost kingdom.
More information.

I backed this. The way the tile sets look is pretty awesome. Combat looks really interesting and it makes use of the environment.

Looks similar to Expeditions series. Going to keep my eye on this.

Looks pretty guud. Interested about the backstory and lore in this game

This looks right up my alley. Pledged.

Greenlight is about to die soon so… Won't vote there.

Let's see…
+ Graphics too rich to be on phones.
+ Has a story.
+ Multiplayer isn't even mentioned.
+ UI seems K+M pixelhunt and not autoaim.
+ Choices with consequences, also spellcrafting with numerous combinations is in.

I'd be crazy not to back this.
Pledged!

EDIT:
Hell I like the project so much I went to greenlight too.

Sorry for the seemingly dumb question, but what currency is represented by S$ ?

Singapore dollars. They use the same name and currency symbol.
About 70cents USD most days

Yeah, I backed this one too. Unlike a lot of tactical games, this one seems like its got a super magic system. It reminds me of Morrowin or Tyranny's spellbuilding systems.

I hope they make it. I'm so glad this didn't pass under my radar. That's often the case with modest pitches like this. Thanks RPGWatch!

Thank you everyone for your support! We love you

-Joe
Critical Forge

Not a dumb question at all.

I've added a FAQ in KS page showing how much does each pledge cost in USD and in EUR.

It's a little ugly because I cannot do much formatting in FAQ section. However, we are making a prettier picture to show the conversion rate and we will stick it somewhere on the main page to help others who has the same question.

Thanks,
-Joe
Critical Forge

It's unfortunate they chose a square grid rather than hex, but otherwise it looks like it may be interesting.

Very solid-looking Kickstarter. Seems legit, and could be good.

Hope the goal is reached.. It's rather tricky for an indie dev to reach $100K (not entirely unheard of), but I think it will require getting some shoutouts from some of the bigger players in crowdfunding… If say Larian / inXile / Obsidian were to tweet about it or mention it in an update that might give them the boost they need. For now, I will keep bringing it up in all the game related forums I belong to.

I didn't know either. Glad to hear I'm paying the smaller of the two numbers. Maybe I'll up my pledge.

It's unfortunate they chose a square grid rather than hex, but otherwise it looks like it may be interesting.

Eh, I have to disagree. Hex grids give me a bad image for some reason. Maybe because everyone is doing it nowadays, or that my favorite strategy RPGs ever use square grids. That said, I don't really know the tactical differences, I just know that I like squares. :p

We had a long discussion about using square vs hex grid at the start of the project. I believe Milo, that's our lead game designer, talked about it in one of the early blog on our website.

Game sounds great and the team seems very determined and passionate. Putting together some questions for them now for an interview.

Back
Top Bottom