Monster Slayers - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Monster Slayers - a card based rogue-like - has been released on Steam:

Developed by Nerdook (Reverse Crawl, Vertical Drop Heroes), Monster Slayers is a complete reimagining of the free web-based hit of the same name, which has been played over 4 million times on gaming portal, Kongregate. A rogue-like deck-building RPG adventure, Monster Slayers uses an innovative card-based battle system and lets you customize a deck to suit your play style. Create a new hero to join the Monster Slayers Guild and choose your path through the perilous Northern Valley as you follow your quest to defeat the legendary Harbinger and become a true Monster Slayer.

Video Review by Cosmic Engine:

Features

• Battle undead goblins, lion outlaws, mighty dragons and other monstrous foes using a unique card-based combat system
  • Strategically shape your deck as you acquire new cards from merchants, treasure chests, and allies
  • Collect fame from each run to unlock new abilities that can be used by future heroes
  • Every playthrough is different: levels, enemy encounters and loot are randomly generated
  • Choose from six different classes: Rogue, Ranger, Knight, Barbarian, Cleric, Wizard
  • Recruit companions to join you on your quest and make use of their special abilities
  • Equip your hero with stat-boosting loot to improve the chances of victory
  • Fight for your place at the top of the Monster Slayers leaderboards
  • Inspired by the much-loved deck-building RPG, Dream Quest, created by Peter Whalen (Hearthstone)
Thank you for the info Darkheart!

More information.

Sorry, simply cannot take this title seriously. It looks like the roguelike offspring of Darkest Dungeon. Quite childish looking.

It's strongly inspired by Dream Quest, which is an extremely beloved indie game and one of my favorite games of all time. It's not quite as good, but since Dream Quest isn't being worked on any more, I'm happy to see someone else inspired to try their own take on it.

Sorry, simply cannot take this title seriously. It looks like the roguelike offspring of Darkest Dungeon. Quite childish looking.

I love how people assume a cute, infantile art direction will automatically draw a larger audience to it.

The worst are those "deliberately retro" pitches with 8bit graphics yet shitty gameplay.

I love how people assume a cute, infantile art direction will automatically draw a larger audience to it.

The worst are those "deliberately retro" pitches with 8bit graphics yet shitty gameplay.

Only that the gameplay is quite nice. Mechanics are good, exploring is fun, loot is meaningful and allows for synergies with the cards.
It's a very nice little time-waster!

Back
Top Bottom