The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Lear more about the Ruins of Denver in this Wasteland 3 Fig-update:

Travel to the Ruins of Denver

[...]

The Ruins of Denver

Hello all. Gavin here to talk about the Denver zone in Wasteland 3.

Most of Denver is in ruins. During the end of the old world, a nuclear weapon exploded high in the air over the city, killing most of the inhabitants. The skyscrapers that remain are jagged, crooked affairs that lean against each other. In their shadows, the lesser buildings have crumbled, forming ever-shifting mazes and subterranean tunnels of broken concrete and rusted rebar.

These urban wilds are battlefields for the predators prowling the city, unaffiliated treasure hunters, and scavengers. Though the radiation is long gone, Denver is still a deathtrap, but one studded with buried riches from the old world.

The Denver Airport Commune lies to the east of the ruins and is now a colony of artists, hackers, conspiracy nuts, mad scientists, and assorted eccentrics. The Commune is centered around the Space Shuttle Atlantis (which landed here sometime after the bombs fell), and is dedicated to strange experimentation, acts of cyber espionage against the Patriarch, and MANY other things.

In the north is the mighty stronghold of the Gippers.

We shared a glimpse of the Ronald Reagan-worshiping cult in an earlier update. As many of you recall, the Gippers were a faction we originally planned for Wasteland 2, but now they will be appearing in Wasteland 3. The leaders of the Gippers are the priestesses known as Nancies - wives to the divine God-President Reagan, lawmakers, and judges. Above them all is the fierce and formidable Mother Nancy Reliance.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Looking forward to co-oping through this game.

Sent from my N10 Plus using Tapatalk

I love that the Denver airport is going to be in the game as a location. I hope they really go all out on it, and have it be an extensive dungeon-like area…the Denver airport (in real life) is infamous for being a very weird place with bizarre artwork on the walls, and like a labyrinth with many underground levels, not open to the public, and with cool stories on the internet about people who have accidentally stumbled into some of these areas. It's a perfect setting for this type of game, in other words, in a post apocalyptic type future.

I heard it's a weird place too.

Back
Top Bottom