Grimoire - Game is Complete

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Gamebanshee Grimoire is complete and even has a video to announce it. Also the game will be heading to Steam greenlight in the near future.

With Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar officially complete and headed to Steam Greenlight in the near future, Cleve has put together two separate promotional videos for the two-decades-old CRPG. The first of the two has been released via the latest update to the game's IndieGoGo campaign, with the second, less "cerebral" version slated for the Steam debut. The result is the strangest promotional video for a video game that I've ever watched, but at least it bears good news and contains some actual gameplay footage:
More information.

Fool me once, shame on you…..

That said, if it's actually true this time - I'll welcome it. Still looks very interesting, though probably not really my thing.

Should be great for certain old-schoolers on here, however :)

Fool me once, shame on you…..

That said, if it's actually true this time - I'll welcome it. Still looks very interesting, though probably not really my thing.

Should be great for certain old-schoolers on here, however :)

Maybe the game will arrive soon. By soon I mean after 2 remaining micro issues are resolved ;-)

I'd focus on the part which says: "Also the game will be heading to Steam greenlight in the near future." So 11 days to Grimoire relase, right? :biggrin:

I remember a previous clear statement that the game was finished and would ship "in May 2013 with it without enhancement". I'll believe it when I see it.

I wonder if he's just got it in his head that he must get into Greenlight before it closes. Presumably it could languish there for many more years, as other games have.

To celebrate this I've created a poll to find out if you really belief it will be released any time soon.

I remember a previous clear statement that the game was finished and would ship "in May 2013 with it without enhancement". I'll believe it when I see it.
I don't think he ever said it was finished back then, just that it would be finished in various given years (that are now long past).

This news about the game being complete isn't exactly new, it was first announced almost 6 months ago:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...he-con-the-thread.75724/page-893#post-4782213

Should be great for certain old-schoolers on here, however

Old scholars?That would be me:) Welcome back anyways.

Why is a game that is finished going to Greenlight instead of just being published?

To celebrate this I've created a poll to find out if you really belief it will be released any time soon.

Myrthos,

When I click the "Vote" link, the following message does appear:

vBulletin Message
No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Well I'll certainly check the game out sometime if it is in fact finished and released. I like teh old schools. They have nostalgic architecture and bring back fond memories. :)

Myrthos,

vBulletin Message
No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
I'm sure that's done deliberately. After all, we are talking Grimoire here. It would feel unnatural if it worked without delay.

Myrthos,

vBulletin Message

Just a few more micro issues and the poll will be fixed. Expect it around next Friday or so...

I don't think he ever said it was finished back then, just that it would be]

Ah you're right - the claim was "COMPLETION NOT SUBJECT TO FUNDING!! THIS GAME WILL SHIP IN MAY 2013 WITH OR WITHOUT ENHANCEMENT!!", which wasn't exactly claiming completion. I'm still calling crap on this though! :)

Whoops looks like Gamebashee fell for it. :D

Game Banshee will print anything. They were promoting Ellis Studios a while ago.

Back
Top Bottom