Sacred Fire - Kickstarter Update #8

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Sacred Fire is close to be funded with 6 days to go:

84% and 1,000+ Backers! Design Focus: Characters and Romance

Thank you all for your trust and for spreading the word.

Sacred Fire got covered by Kotaku a couple of days back and I believe your support made this happen. We are over 1,000 strong.

In the last couple of days we were busy preparing the ending for the campaign, so in this design focus I will cover several themes to make it up to you. :)

In our mind, a good RPG is ultimately all about the characters. Character creation, combat and game mechanics may draw you in and engaging story choices keep you interested. But what creates the memorable moments, are the characters you've grown to love, hate or care about.

This is why in Sacred Fire we’ve invested a lot into developing a strong and varied cast and a design that combines character driven storytelling with innovative mechanics. So let's start with the basics.

Relationships

In Sacred Fire, we do not look at relationships as good or bad progress bars. We measure them in strength: how many emotions and memories you experienced together, how meaningful this relationship is to you. There are many positive relationship states (Respect, Admiration, Gratitude, Friendship, Attraction and Romance) and negative states, we call Blocks. Blocks are either Fear based (Prejudice, Terror, Responsibility) or Anger based (Aversion, Betrayal, Envy).

[...]
More information.

So close... 86% now. I hope the goal will be met soon and maybe get a few more articles posted before the campaign is over. Those stretch goals would enhance this game nicely.

Back
Top Bottom